new here

chrisakagod

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer sport trac 2003
Hey guys,
I am the proud owner of a 2003 ford explorer sport trac 4x4. The truck alone has 193,x.. but they were all highway miles. The motor blew at 153,x.. so i replaced it with a crate. Ran beautifully until recently. The truck will not keep idol for longer than 5 minutes. There is a cold air intake replacing the original box. When attempting to accelerate, the motor will not rev passed 3k nor shift. I have to let off of the throttle to possibly get the auto trans to slip into gear. Top speed no higher than 58. I believe it would be the MAF which i replaced since but still nothing. As well as read all over this forum. Trying new plugs and wires and maybe original air box tomorrow. Let you know how it goes. Any ideas on whats going on here?

Welcome to the forum. Seems like you're checking the right things; plugs would have been my next guess.

Check your fuel pressure, and your MAF & AIT sensors
Are there any codes you can pull off?

Also check your spark plug wires and coils, my neon had bad spark plug wires, I couldn't rev it pass 2500 rpm or go faster than 70Kph, engine started to hesistate, and of course check your spark plugs too!

thank you, i changed my plugs, wires, coil pack, MAF sensor, and found and repaired a vaccum leak. I bought an EGR valve but have yet put it in. The truck now holds an idol and wont stall out. still having speed issues and lack of power. the EGR on the truck has no suction so it is seized closed. attempting to get this done soon.

Back