New Locker | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Locker

R

rock883

Hey everyone. I didn't know where to put this, and this forum is the Everything Under the Sun forum, so it will fit here. Anyways, Tractech (the company that makes the Detriot line of lockers) has made a new electronic locker that will engage at the push of a button electronically instad of pneumatically like the ARB. The benefit of this would be that you wouldn't have to buy an expensive air compressor (although that can come handy out on the trail). The locker acts like a LS on the road, and when you push the button it will lock up. They don't have them for the 8.8" or the 35 IFS, but they do have them for Dana 30, 44, 60 and the Ford 9", and will probably have more models available in the future. Also I am not sure of the price as non of my magazines say anything about the price. You could try contacting them to let them know that there is a market for both the 8.8 or the 35IFS. Their phone number is 800/328-3850, or you can try e-mailing them with this form: http://www.tractech.com/contact_us.htm . I am not talking about getting a group purchase thing, I just know many of you guys on here would love to have something like this, so I figured you guys would like to try and do something about getting them to come out with something for our vehicles. I am sure it is probably going to be either the same price, or cheaper than the ARB locker unit since it is electronic and electronic components are usually cheaper than pneumatic components, and you also don't have to buy an air compressor to engage this locker so you are saving $200+. The kit in the picture in the magazine shows a new differential cover that has a sort of motor attatched to it which engages the locker and I am sure the install would not require anything very special other than running wires which with the ARB you need to have a hard line plumbed and the bearing caps and the diff housing (so I have heard) need to be drilled to let the air line go through. Anyways, just thought I would share that info with you guys.

I'll move it to the Modified forum.

Back