New Member & First Ford - 2017 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Member & First Ford - 2017 Explorer Sport

Thomas Reminga

Reaction score
City, State
Port Washington, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Good afternoon All,
Wanted to introduce myself as a new member. I picked up a new Ford Explorer Sport (2017). Black on Black with all options except 2nd row center console and DVD.

Have already done a few modifications- not much, but getting there...
-Color matched bumper plugs after removal of front plate bracket
-Black Sport badge
-Removal of Ecoboost badge- have the black one, but still too much chrome
-20% front window tint to match rear
-Black painted Ford front and rear emblems - to be installed shortly
-Weather Tech 3 rows of mats and trunk mat behind 2nd row

I am coming from a 2013 Audi S7. It was a great car, but was just getting too costly on the maintenance side. Wanted to get into something a bit more utility focused now having wife, 2 kids, 100lb Rottweiller and a 55lb Boxer mix. The S7 was a complete beast- twin turbo V8. The Sport is certainly slower, but it still have enough get up and go for me- for now ;-). Just taking some getting use to on the body sway side. The S7 was modified a little bit (nothing on the engine, since seriously how much power do you need), but with the size wanted to limit/eliminate body roll, transmission slack, etc.

Always been a big Audi family. Still have my Audi TT Quattro Coupe. Had an '86 5000 CS, '90 100 FWD, '03 A8L, '00 Boxster S and a Mercedes ML320 in there as well. Wife has a '16 Durango Limited. She was the big pusher to get me into something more "family friendly", but I certainly don't regret it. As menitoned this is my first Ford, so I have no idea what to expect on maintenance or reliability. Did pickup a PremiumCare warranty for 7 years to limit any concerns.

On a personal note I work for an IT Solution Provider- one of the two owners. Always worked in IT, but have a strong background in Server & Network Security. Hence my transferred plate "HACKED" :). I love getting my hands dirty and wrench on my TT and S7. Put a midrise lift in my garage several years ago since I do almost 100% of the work and modifications on my TT, especially when I would track it regularly. Kids changed that level of commitment. :)

Anyways, I think that is about it. Just wanted to introduce myself, and usually end up as a regular member on the auto forums I browse.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Explorer:chug:

Back