• Register Today It's free!

New member from MT

Gumper

Reaction score
City, State
Butte, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
New guy from Montana. Have a 1997 Explorer 5.0 AWD that my aunt bought it brand new. It now was 114K miles. I’ve had the vehicle since 2013, and it’s been sitting since 2015. Decided to use it again as my winter beater which leads to a funny story. Had a new transmission put in it in 2015, but then it sat for a few years. Tried to start it, but nothing. The fuel pressure was nonexistent, so we assumed it was the fuel pump. Sprayed a little starting fluid in the intake to rule out a cam sensor issue, and it started. The funny part is it stayed running, and now it runs like a champ.

Anyway, what brings me here is something else. We are a drag racing family, and my 13 year old daughter runs NHRA Jr Street. I was considering making this explorer her vehicle in a couple years, but I’d like to make it faster. I’ll post a different thread on this subject.

Anyway, here I am, and here’s my non-Explorer race car.

277116FB-54EA-40A7-AE70-5DC5E347211F.jpeg 8276AB99-36E8-49D7-8AE4-B2FAE018C834.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Greetings from Md. Us e the Explorer as your Tow vehicle for Daughters Drag Car. Get an older Ranger P.U. drop a 5.0/302 in it. Give her a neat little Drag Starter in the low 15's

Greetings from Md. Us e the Explorer as your Tow vehicle for Daughters Drag Car. Get an older Ranger P.U. drop a 5.0/302 in it. Give her a neat little Drag Starter in the low 15's
If I get another vehicle it won’t be a Ford. I only have the Explorer since it was passed through the family. Thought it’d be a good DD with some performance potential.

Welcome.

Back