New Member in Northern Virginia! Hi! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Member in Northern Virginia! Hi!

POP3Y3

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 Explorer PIU
Hello EF Members!

My name is Brenton and I reside in northern Virginia (NoVa). My friend purchased an Explorer Police Interceptor Utility and it got me thinking. I have been in need of upgrading my daily driver, but I had a lot of boxes to be checked. Turns out that a 2016-2019 PIU pretty much checked ALL those boxes! After about 3 months of searching daily on a host of websites, I found just the right one under what I thought was just the right set of circumstances and I made the purchase. I'm now a few weeks into owning it and really couldn't be more pleased with it. It does everything I want or need it to do.

Now I'm going to be spending more time in the PIU sub-forum to research accessories and tips & tricks for my new ride. I usually try to do all my own mechanic work unless it's a big job that I've not tackled before and/or don't have the right equipment to do on my own. Love having resources like this place to tap into for information and how-to instructions, as well as sometimes crowdsourcing ideas. Happy to be part of the community. I attached a few pics of the new wheels.

0212221454d_HDR.jpg 0212221411_HDR.jpg 0212221456_HDR.jpg

Welcome to the group.. You're
Hello EF Members!

My name is Brenton and I reside in northern Virginia (NoVa). My friend purchased an Explorer Police Interceptor Utility and it got me thinking. I have been in need of upgrading my daily driver, but I had a lot of boxes to be checked. Turns out that a 2016-2019 PIU pretty much checked ALL those boxes! After about 3 months of searching daily on a host of websites, I found just the right one under what I thought was just the right set of circumstances and I made the purchase. I'm now a few weeks into owning it and really couldn't be more pleased with it. It does everything I want or need it to do.

Now I'm going to be spending more time in the PIU sub-forum to research accessories and tips & tricks for my new ride. I usually try to do all my own mechanic work unless it's a big job that I've not tackled before and/or don't have the right equipment to do on my own. Love having resources like this place to tap into for information and how-to instructions, as well as sometimes crowdsourcing ideas. Happy to be part of the community. I attached a few pics of the new wheels.

View attachment 426731 View attachment 426732
Hello EF Members!

View attachment 426731 View attachment 426732 View attachment 426733
Welcome to the group. You'll have Everyone slowing down, just to take a peek of your NEW RIDE!!! Get a graphic artist to make a decal for both front doors. "Sheriff Dept. Mayberry North Carolina. That will get a double take every time!!! LOL!!

Brenton, welcome from southern Virginia.

Back