New Member (in the market) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Member (in the market)

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Ford Mustang GT
Hello from the Hoosier state:

Long-time reader, first-time member. I'm joining the forum in the hopes of gathering information re: the 4th-generation of Ford Explorers, which I'm currently in the market for (< 100,000 miles, preferably V-8's). Further, once I've made the jump in locating and purchasing one, I hope the forum (as it has been so far) will be a great source of how-to's, tech info., etc. I am a life-long Ford guy and Mustang enthusiast, and happy to join.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hoosier4FoMoCo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome from a fellow Hoosier. Good luck finding an explorer that meets your criteria in Indiana though... I'd recommend that you be willing to travel to another state to pick one up. Just not Michigan, lol.

Thanks! I've gone to see a couple over in Ohio, and noticed a few listed in Kentucky, Illinois, and (yes) Michigan with low miles. But my better sense cautions against buying anything made of metal from much further north than Fort Wayne. lol.

Thanks! I've gone to see a couple over in Ohio, and noticed a few listed in Kentucky, Illinois, and (yes) Michigan with low miles. But my better sense cautions against buying anything made of metal from much further north than Fort Wayne. lol.
lol yea, I bought my 02 in Fort Wayne, and I had looked at a couple of others in that area that were just atrocious. My 02 had only been there for a couple years and spent most of it's life in Jersey, yet somehow escaped the body cancer.

lol yea, I bought my 02 in Fort Wayne, and I had looked at a couple of others in that area that were just atrocious. My 02 had only been there for a couple years and spent most of it's life in Jersey, yet somehow escaped the body cancer.
That's another thing! I have also been told the only market areas where black interiors were/are common is the northeast (i.e.: NYC) & Texas. Hoping to find a similarly lucky one, myself.

Back