New Member Intro

1stTimer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vista, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT RWD 5.0L V8
New to any type of forum or social media besides FB. I get up to speed on the terms used in this setting.

My name is John Lopez. I’ve lived in the San Diego area since 2001. I’ve never really been a car person but find myself wrapped up with my 1991 Eddie Bauer 4x4. As you might’ve guessed I’m no mechanic.

I’m a 50+ veteran, in 2016 I start to address some service connected trauma. What does this have to do with this site? Well, I can get hyper-focused to calm or shield myself. Right now that focus is on a 91 Explorer that my dad had just gotten through one of his many deals.

I joined because I’m at a crossroad with my Explorer. I’ll post in a day or two the Explorer back story and dilemma.

If there’s anything I missed feel free to ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do most members go on and join the Elite Member ranks? Also what’s the main advantage to that status

Glad to have you on the forum. Working on vehicles can definitely be good therapy. I know it is for me ;)

Do most members go on and join the Elite Member ranks? Also what’s the main advantage to that status

The biggest perk is that you won't see any ads on the site. Besides that you can post an avatar photo above your username, upload photos to the media gallery etc.

Sounds like that’s the way to go if your going to use the site on a regular basis. Also, may help description and solution accuracy. I’ll join tonight or tomorrow morning. Look for a post by Tuesday concerning a 91 EB engine rebuild. I’m pulling my heads this week and after some poking around, I find I’m at a crucial step.

Thanks for your fast reply. I’ll post pics and car info in a new thread titled 91 EB engine rebuild. Will that title do?

Thanks,
John L

Welcome John.

Back