New Member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sbmiller3

Reaction score
Obviously a new member and looking for help with a problem. I have 1991 Ranger XLT, 2.3 L engine, 5 - speed that I have had for 12 years and have accumulated 337,000+ miles on. I really like the truck and have kept it up well: excellent body, rebuilt engine, good transmission, etc. I would like to keep it going for lots more miles! Not sure where to post request for help for the problem with the tach and check engine light. Look forward to hearing from someone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. I have an 88 ranger 2.3 that just turned over 375k on the odometer. Im giving it to my 17 year old brother as a fixer upper. Damn thing still runs strong for what it is. Gotta love that 2.3 dont you?

Welcome to the forum! I would start with a random search for your problem. If no result, post your problem in the appropriate section for best results. Happy posting!

Love that 2.3

Welcome to the forum. I have an 88 ranger 2.3 that just turned over 375k on the odometer. Im giving it to my 17 year old brother as a fixer upper. Damn thing still runs strong for what it is. Gotta love that 2.3 dont you?

Yeah, it is a great little engine! Overall, been easy to keep up & runs great!

Re: Rebuilt Engine

Welcome to this forum! You said that the engine was rebuilt. How many miles did it last until you had it rebuilt? What about the transmission?

Had the engine rebuilt at 286,000. The transmission was just overhauled. I like the truck and dislike monthly payments intensely, so I go contrary to conventional wisdom about putting money in a vehicle.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! I would start with a random search for your problem. If no result, post your problem in the appropriate section for best results. Happy posting!

Thanks for the info! Glad to see a fellow Tar Heel! Raised in Black Mountain, 5 years in Raleigh. Now in Tennessee.

welcome...i have a 95 ranger 4x4 2.3 and am a fan also...you will find all kinds of info here and the best part is, it's better than talking to mechanics...you get all the years of experience and the answers with enthusiasm...

Back