New Paint job, not looking good | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Paint job, not looking good

I really doubt the dealer will take a hood of of a new truck. It's sad to say but the dealer really doesn't care about you after this point. The deal has been made, a car has been bought. If they take a hood of of something else what then? Strip your old hood and do another crappy paint job, then slap it on a brand new truck. Its hard to sell a car with an obviously defective hood.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks to me like their painter needs to ease back on the caffene!!
Yeah , even an average painter can do better than that.

" Nothing beats factory paint "
Yeah , okay. Go ahead and believe that.
I guess you also believe when you get your car from dealership it is with out flaw.

Originally posted by Mbrooks420
I really doubt the dealer will take a hood of of a new truck.
I really depends on the dealer.

I had a problem with my Cadillac, and my Cadillac dealer actually grabbed a new Caddy from the back lot, and commenced to stripping it for me, to replace my defective parts, to include a whole engine!! And yes, even a defective chrome bumper. He told me that it was Cadillac's problem and that it should not be my problem and should not have to wait for parts. WOW!!

But then again, that was a Cadillac, I suppose they have a higher standard of keeping the customer happy, (with the price I paid, they should). If all else fails, call Ford, have them ship you a new factory painted hood from the assembly line, and then your dealer can ship them the crap hood they (Ford) screwed up to begin with. DEMAND, DEMAND, DEMAND, be firm and stand your ground and don't blink!!!

Comparing Cadillac to Ford is like comparing apples and oranges.

I agree with Mbrooks that the dealer doesn't care about you after the purchase. Bought my x from ford and had a problem with the tv in it, gave me the runaround for 2 weeks until I spoke to the owner, then another 2 weeks to get my plates from my trade-in.

Ok, so another problem I was having with it was the driver side sit was Squeaking really bad, I took that in about the same time, and they said they needed to replace a spring in the sit. If they didn't it was gonna break and so on. Well the week I had it there for the paint job. They fixed the sit. Today when I was was driving. The same squeaking started!!!! I am soo upset right now. I don't get it. I normally have good luck with this kinda stuff. I think the whole thang is just falling apart or something, lol. So, when I go next week to demand a new factory painted hood, I guess I will demand a new chair as well.

Anyone got a rabbits foot or something:D

I have 8 rabbit feet currently, but they're all in use:p

I might have to buy that many and just hide them threw out the X. Maybe that will do the trick:)

Back