||| New Paint Job? |||

Mr. MuD

Reaction score
City, State
Clawson, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' XLT
Yo!

I recently got my brakes redone riiight...

Well before I had em redone I wore em out really really bad...like riding on calibers.

So, The rusty brake/caliber dust got oll over the side of my truck. Now this was during winter so I didnt notice right away...because it blended in with the salt.

I finally noticed after a nice sunny day I had my car washed...and i scubed with the foam brush really hard...but the brake/caliber rusty dust didnt come off. I then tried to scape with my finger nails..but all it seemed to do was sratch my paint.

Is there anything I can use to take this stuff off...and can it rust my whole paint job...cause me to have to get a new one?

Oh..and if I can take it off, will it be scratching my paint...causing me to get a new paint job :p ?

Thanks doods!

Mike

I'd try a clay bar first. Clay Magic (the blue one) is the best. You can pick it up at places like Pep Boys for about $20. Just spray some of the quick detailer that is included onto your paint (make sure it's clean!) and glide the clay over the paint. Afterwards, make sure to reapply your favorite wax/sealant as the clay will strip it. Good luck!

peace

Mike

Back