New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

DCO43054

Thanks for making the effort to call Sirius and identify that the problem is known by someone and being worked.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know how many or which channels you had, but if the old channel disappeared, or was renamed in the conversion - like Willie's Place getting merged with The Roadhouse - the preset disappeared from regular satellite radio receivers. May have been the same for MFT.

This isn't the issue at all dco43054. I don't think I explained it well enough, so here is my 2nd attempt.

On the MFT touch screen if you select the Entertainment view and you are in Sirius mode, you should see the six presets that are appropriate for that "bank" of presets...6 for Sirius 1, 6 for Sirius 2 and 6 for Sirius 3. Well, since the channel change, MFT only shows you the view for Sirius 1 and the 6 presets you have for that, even though the underlying mechanics of how it is operating appears to be okay. For example, my preset #1 on sirius 1 is "MSNBC" and my preset #1 on Sirius 2 is "Lithium". When I select Sirius 2 on the menu to the right of the speedometer (the only place I can actually select Sirius 2) the MFT screen doesn't update to Sirius 2, it still shows Sirius 1. So, if I hit the "MSNBC" preset button it will actually pull up Lithium.

Does that clarify it? Is anyone else expriencing this?

Thanks for this thread. We just got back from ten days of vacation (Maui), got into the Explorer, which has been sitting at the airport, and none of my channels are where they should be. I use voice command and ask for the station by name and it takes me to it, but it is something else. I thought I did something wrong. I'm glad to know I didn't break the car. Now we'll see how long it takes for the vc to pick up the new locations by name.:D

BTW, anyone know what they are charging to renew Sirius once the 6 months runs out and can you negotiate the price?

Thanks for all the info. It's driving me crazy not being able to use the voice command. I hope it gets straightened out very soon.

As far as subscription rates - I do not know. But if it is like the XM radio I had in my previous car, you are better off letting it run out. Within a couple of months they send you MUCH better deals. Another option is to find out what the good offers are, and tell them you will only subscribe at that offer. It's a such stupid game, but there was a huge price difference between what XM said the subsciption rate was, and what some of the other "special" offers were - so it's worth it to do some checking. Maybe people will share in another thread the offers they are getting.

I know I was able to get a much lower rate, than the posted rate when I had XM.

Always had to threaten to cancel, though. They would then offer me $77 for a year. It used to be $64.

Sirius Trial Subscription

When I called the number on the Sirius card that came with my owners manual I was told to go online to sign up. Once online I signed up and then called Sirius. They upgraded my account for a 15 month trial because I explained that I already had a XM account and thought it was bogus that they have not merged XM and Sirius accounts.

ATLcanuck,

I get what you're saying, and I'm having no problems like that. All 3 of my preset groups are working fine. My only problem is with the voice commands that everyone else is experiencing (although not a "serious Sirius" problem for me since I never use voice to change those channels)

This isn't the issue at all dco43054. I don't think I explained it well enough, so here is my 2nd attempt.

When I select Sirius 2 on the menu to the right of the speedometer (the only place I can actually select Sirius 2) ...

Does your MFT touch button not work? When on the sirius scren, if you touch the bottom left corner (where it shows sirius 123), it should cycle through the 3 presets.

Does your MFT touch button not work? When on the sirius scren, if you touch the bottom left corner (where it shows sirius 123), it should cycle through the 3 presets.

No it doesn't work...it doesn't cycle through, just stays on Sirius 1...although as I said in my longer description, it does cycle through in reality, just doesn't show the right presets on the screen.

I would definitely take it in to the dealer then.

Hi guys,

I looked into this and found that Ford engineering is currently looking into this issue. For customers that have SYNC with MyFord Touch, a future software update will help to resolve any voice command concerns that may occur. For the time being, qualifying your voice commands with the complete name of the channel may help.

As an alternative, I'd recommend using the preset feature in the My Ford Touch system for Sirius. This way voice commands can be used to tune to the channel using the "Preset <#>" or "SAT Preset <#>" command. To preset the station, press the lower left corner of the touchscreen and then select the SIRIUS tab. You can then press and hold one of the memory preset areas (on the right side of the screen). You will hear a brief mute and the sound will return when the station is saved.

Make sure to check SyncMyRide.com for additional info and status updates on this concern. Hope this helps!

Cory

Dare I ask will this be a dealer installed update or SYNC my Ride download

Well, my MFT crashed over the weekend, so I took in for service today. They had to reload the MFT OS. Whatever they did included the new Sirius channel lineup because my VC is now working with the new channel lineup. WOOHOO!

Does this mean everyone can get the update through their dealer now? I actually was using the voice commands for radio frequently, so the inability to do it really bothers me. It would have been nice for Ford to communicate this with its owners....escpecially since it markets the voice command feature pretty heavily. Everytime I voice command CNBC I get the Catholic Channel.

I'm betting a factory reset will trigger the system to rebuild the voice commands for sirius, but I'm just too chicken to try it out since I hate resetting all of my options, pics, etc

I'm betting a factory reset will trigger the system to rebuild the voice commands for sirius,

No it won't, all a Master Reset does is set everything back to factory defaults.

The update they did on my car had an actual file called something like "Sirius Channel voice recognition fixer from TSB." Can someone check to see if there's a TSB on it yet?

Does this mean everyone can get the update through their dealer now? I actually was using the voice commands for radio frequently, so the inability to do it really bothers me. It would have been nice for Ford to communicate this with its owners....escpecially since it markets the voice command feature pretty heavily. Everytime I voice command CNBC I get the Catholic Channel.

I just tried saying CNBC, and it took me to the correct station.

I was having the wrong station problem, but, seems like it may be working now.

I have not tried any other stations there were wrong.

Vegastime, not every station changed channels. Here are a couple that did; try these:

- Coffee House (it should take you to 31. Channel 30 is the old location)
- The Blend (it should take you to 16. Channel 2 is the old location)

Let us know if these work.

Vegastime, not every station changed channels. Here are a couple that did; try these:

- Coffee House (it should take you to 31. Channel 30 is the old location)
- The Blend (it should take you to 16. Channel 2 is the old location)

Let us know if these work.
Or ESPN Radio - if it takes you to World News, it's still not working.

I tried mine last night and still had the wrong lineup for the voice command lady.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Talked to the Sync folks this evening. She read me an email they received that said there was a TSB on its way to dealers to update the MFT for the new Sirius lineup. :rolleyes:

If I would have known that, I would have waited another week to get my Ex re-sync'd.

Back