New to explorers...long time ford guy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to explorers...long time ford guy

MiniGeneral92

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukie,Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I just got a 92 Explorer XLT, and am about to put a custom lift on it with the TTB front end. Are there any tips or tricks I should know about before I start?
Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome To The Forum! Do you mean you're building your own lift or buying a lift and putting it on. The radius arm brackets can be a royal pita to get off since they're riveted from the factory, but you can take a grinder to them and drill them out. Make sure you get the right drop pitman arm.

I'm getting springs and shocks from a first gen bronco for the front, and doing a SOA lift with shackles on the back. But this is the first time I've messed around with the TTB, I'm used to solid axle. So just any tips or any advice.
Thanks alot

Ohh....ttb requires drop down brackets where the axle beams pivot....if you have access to that truck just swap the solid axle under it.

Oh I wish I could do that...no I just found the springs...that's actually how I found them cuz I was looking for a solid front axle.

Not sure yet I'll have to mach it all up and measure. But the guy said that the springs were 3.5" lift on the bronco they came off of. And they are huge, it looke like it's gonna be like 6-8"
I got the coils and radius arms and all 4 shocks for $250...not bad

If you really think the springs are going to lift it that much then you definitely need drop brackets or you're never going to get that thing in alignment.....radius arms are certainly different and not usable on our trucks either without more modification than its worth. If you think its going to be 6" of lift you can get away with getting superlift 5.5" lift drop brackets or find an old Skyjacker lift....

Back