• Register Today It's free!

New to Ford

RedXLTlove

Reaction score
City, State
Visalia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Yukon SLT, 2020 Ram
After having owning a Town N Country for 5 years, the wife felt it was time for an SUV now that the kids were bigger and not in such large car seats.

We looked at several SUVs and we finally got settle on an Explorer, the rear cargo area was one of the best and the wife was sold on the styling alone.

So we ended up with a 2017 XLT w/ Sport Appearance in Ruby Red. We have the 202A package, moon roof, tow package, BLIS package, 3.5 2WD and rear inflatable seat belts(more on that in another thread)

Overall we are very happy with it, the ride/handling & seat comfort are my favorites.

The wife loves the size and style of it and the fact that I let her have a Ford! Not going to lie, it was a bit tough.

A few quips: No Homelink on a 45k car, highway mpg is not very good at all, BLIS lights are small and hard to see, this would not be such an issue, but they do not beep when you put on the turn signal light some other manufacture's systems and lastly the middle bench seat, while it is wide, the seat belt configurations are not very useful for 3 car seats/boosters.

I will start another thread on my bucket seat conversion fun.....:confused:

Thank you in advance for tolerating my lack of Ford knowledge!

Ok, going to try and add pictures. I am not the best with photos and these where with my phone. This was about a month after we purchased it.

The only thing I had done was the windows/moon tinted and removal of the front license plate bracket.

Future mods, Black stainless exhaust tips, paint roof rails Magnetic Grey, bucket seat conversion(done!), 2016-2017 Platinum grill painted Magnetic Grey, LED interior light conversion, Homelink visor.

8F37DF97-5856-4912-8C78-A4C6ECB59FEA_zpsng1cds0a.jpg

61BDD6DE-134F-4B5F-AEBA-BAD31172AFFB_zpsnpkes2tt.jpg

76BBAC05-8427-42E2-87EA-1943E91847C6_zps2htu87qh.jpg
71A1BFED-04AD-4EF5-805A-7305744BCE57_zps3cy5atc2.jpg

Back