New to forum but not to 4x4 Q for mods | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to forum but not to 4x4 Q for mods

02Xploda

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson,az
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 ST
Hello all im new to this forum ...my first post i do a lot of web wheeling here... as my 02sport trac is my wifes and a DD i have owned a hand full of toyota's more for rock crawling not mall crawling so this type of forum is new to me

MOVED TO SPEAK UP THREAD-----I have a question for the Modorators:

why is there so much BSing allowed in the FAQs i come from pirate 4x4 were FAQs are short and straight to the poin here i have to read through 25 pages of BS to get a answer

V/R
Chico

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome and all i got to say is nice point, but i rather have more than one input and thats what this forum does.

welcome and all i got to say is nice point, but i rather have more than one input and thats what this forum does.

First things first i use the SEARCH buttons tons....and that includes google

On pirate i have been a member over 3yrs (user name focushere) with under 100 post due to the knowlage of the stickys and the questions have been asked before

I understand that the forum does, but what about the faqs or the sticky? over half of a sticky being BS be a sticky?

check this link here in a sticky i got from the 01-05 ST Lift options
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231158

Starts off with great info
then these post allowed
# 6
# 10 --answered already in the first post
# 11 WTF--the price? click the link and found out for himself
# 17, 19, 20--BSing
i stopped there but you can continue and that is only 7 pages, it is worse in other forums like the 97-01

also in that one sticky Member John_Rock answers the same question like 4 times I have read post form him many times becasue he is more my style. and if you have a question he usually answered it in his own build up
there is a lot of tech info being missed out with all of this being allowed just my.02

...What is your name on Pirate???...Maybe I've heard of you

...I haven't heard of anybody named *edited over there...

..I'm sure if you posted a question in that thread you would get an answer...Since you are familiar with the search feature, you can also do a search while you are in the thread...On top of the first post of any thread there are thread tools...You can use "Search this Thread" for more specific answers...;)

i added my name in pirate to my second post

Your point has come up before.. Certain FAQs were once normal threads that got nominated to "Sticky/FAQ" status. Unfortunately the really good info gets lost in the sauce when the thread becomes to huge for its own good.

As such when time allows (which isn't much these days) Moderators will comb through a particular thread and create a new one with just info your looking for without the extra nonsense info that gets in the way..

Case in point check out Troubleshooting 4x4 issues. This thread was culled from many like it. Each had info to add, but none was cohesive and to the point.

welcome

Welcome to this forum! Some people use sticky threads to post their own problems instead of for information like its original intention. Check the rebuild diaries in the transmission section for example. Some of those posts get moved or deleted, but it's hard to clean up an entire thread with several pages. Some threads like Project Frankentranny are closed to new posts just for this reason.

Back