New to the Forum.. In bad need of help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the Forum.. In bad need of help!

fordism

Reaction score
City, State
Everywhere U want 2 B!!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie
Hello all, I am Fordism!!!..... Its Just a nickname I was given years ago.

I am new to the Forum, I found this mecca of info because I am in a very stressful situation.

Explorer: 1993 Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer) 2WD 4.0LTR Automatic Transmission

Issue: I have owned this wonderful machine for 12 years. I can say it has been great to me. But right now its sitting still.

When running it idles very rough, when accelerating it has black smoke (as if running rich) exiting the exhaust pipe, I have replaced the coil pack, plugs, wires, air filter, O2 sensors, cleaned Mass Air flow sensor, and throttle body with no luck. it hasnt changed anything. the service light comes on and goes off. I have no reader for this vehicle..... But alas it cant be driven like this... It is also my only mode of transportation at the moment. If anyone can help please do hesitate to suggest anything.

I hope to hear from the masses soon so I can get my "Xploder" back on the ROAD!

Welcome to this forum! You don't need an expensive code reader or scanner to read the codes. You could use a paper clip or a jumper wire. Check the sticky threads on the top of the EEC-IV section for more information.

Back