New to the Forum

Outdoorsman124

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mountaineer 5.0L V8
Hello everyone,

My name is Kam I'm 21 and a college student and amateur photographer. I currently drive a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L V8 AWD and it's my baby. I've browsed these threads a few times before and they have REALLY helped me out! I hope to slap some upgrades on the mountaineer in the future but I really don't know where to start or how to do it. I wouldn't go too far as to say I'm an expert in cars but they are a strong passion of mine and I do know my basics very well. See you around!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum! Where in MI are you? What kind of upgrades were you thinking of?

Welcome to the Forum! Where in MI are you? What kind of upgrades were you thinking of?

I'm in Kalamazoo. As far as upgrades, I want to lift it a little, add a new exhaust (that 5.0 sounds beautiful.) and make it more off-road ready. I just don't know where to start. I know I have some repairs to do first. The front squeaks like it has arthritis when I go over bumps or turns and I think it may be the CV joints.

Back