New | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New

MaGrExpLimited

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Limite
Hi. Bought my wife a 2016 Limited last week. She absolutely loves it, and so do the kids. 400 miles so far, but 2 early concerns that I need to take up with my dealer...1 Harmonic vibration at 65mph(didn't go above but slowed down. Will do more driving this weekend to check on that )...2 Fan bearing squealing. Posted in the thread on the fan bearing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome. The vibration as stated above could just be a tire out of balance.

I have my fingers crossed that is all the issue is. I will not be able to get to the dealer for another week and a half because of my work schedule. I will keep you posted.

My wife has been driving around town and not going over 55mph, so no big hurry anyway. Although, we do have a trip to the mountains scheduled for May, so I hope it is nothing major in the drivetrain.

Updated my signature and profile pic, so posting to see if it worked.

Ok. Finally got some drive time with the wife's Explorer. Work schedule cleared up, so I thought I would drive it on the highway at higher speeds to recreate the vibration. It no longer is there! I cruised at varying speeds and even some hard accels. Drove the Explorer on several occasions last week, and everything is smooth as can be. A real head scratcher, but I will take it.

Nope. Travel the same highway daily.

Back