• Register Today It's free!

Newbie here

Chris4x4Gill2

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL 4x4
Hey guys(and girls) new guy here. I don't actually own an explorer yet, will in a coupe of weeks though. I have been browsing through the site for a while now, just gathering info so I figured it was about time to go ahead and register.

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the club! What year/model Explorer are you getting and do you have any plans for it yet?

I am getting a '99 XL (i think, could be an XLT) 4 door. It already has a grill guard with winch mounting plate on it and I have an 8000lb Warn sitting in the garage waiting for it. Plans for right now are locker on rear, possibly limited slip on front new tires and possibly a small lift. Radio equipment will be a cobra 29 without boots and a wilson antenna.(probably)

Welcome to the site and good luck with your X!

Sounds like you have everything well planned out. Let us know how it all goes.

Happy postin'!:)

~Tim

just be carefull with limited slips up front, i've heard horror stories if you drive it everyday

no limited slip for the front?? oh well live and learn I geuss....thats what everyone is here for right? I thought they made one and I definately do not want a fully locked front end, so I geuss it'll stay open for now...till I feel like spending money on an arb.(but I geuss this discussion would belong in another area right?).

Thanks for the quick input guys...any other comments, ideas would be great.

Welcome to the board Chris. :)

Back