• Register Today It's free!

Newbie to Forum and to Explorers

dr.eimer1

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Limited V6 4x4
I am buying a new 2010 Explorer Limited 4x4 4.6L V8. The packages include the power running boards.

Should I be leery of the power running boards?

It's either this or take the 2010 Explorer Limited 4x4 with the 4.0L V6.

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated!

/Bruce Eimer (Newbie to the Forum and Ford Explorers)
dr.eimer1@comcast.net

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome To The Forum! I too am interested in what you mean by power running boards? The 4.6 is a nice V8 power plant for the explorers with a world of aftermarket bolt-ons if that's your type of thing is increasing performance.

Power running boards............come on guys......

Generally when you open the doors, they are step bars that lower from the truck so someone can get inside. He is probably worried that they will take a dump quick.

Oh, well I'm stuck on my older trucks and didn't know they made those advancements to the explorers.

Yeah, just another sign of the times man. People are lazy.....they want bigger vehicles but they don't want to climb in them.

To the OP - get the V8. Why any man would question getting a V6 when a V8 is available is beyond me. V6 gas mileage isn't good anyway, so might as well have some power.

Yes if I would have bought my trucks new I may have gone with the V8 option if they were available regular 4X4. You're making a good decision with a V8.

V8 and power running boards

It sounds like another power accessory to fail with people signing up asking how to fix it.

I got the V8. Thanks everyone for the info and advice. I could only get a V8 if I accepted the Power Running Boards....So, better I think than the V6 w/o the PRBs.

The PRBs can be locked out or in or can be allowed to do their thing--i.e., come out when you open door/s and retract when you close all the doors.

/Bruce Eimer
Ford Explorer New-bie
dr.eimer1@comcast.net

That's something that would be cool on lifted trucks I must say. So they're probably setup like ones on an RV.

Heeeeeere's Johnny! :) (at 0:45 of the video)

Back