Newcomer from Phoenix, AZ. Hi everyone!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newcomer from Phoenix, AZ. Hi everyone!!

AnthonyinPhoenix

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XL
Hi All,

My name is Anthony, residing in Phoenix, AZ. I own a 2004 Ford Explorer XL. About 122,000 miles.

I have used the Explorer Forums for some issues I have come across with her and have been very helpful. I figured why not join? So I hear I am, and saying hi and also have a question for everyone.

I am looking to get a little lift on my Explorer maybe 2-3 inches. But here's the problem, I am not finding any legit lift kits. The only thing I can find is spacers, which I'm fine with but want to see if anyone has placed these on, how satisfied are they? And how complex is it to get them installed? Can they be used with basic shocks and struts? Or will it require certain afterstock ones? Also having the same issue when searching for a Cold Air Intake.

I have called custom shops in my area, the big name brands in magazines, etc and can't find a real solution. Any advice/suggestions/feedback will be awesome. Thanks everyone.

Best,

Anthony

Back