NEX: Wheeling and Club Announcements (subscribe here to stay informed) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEX: Wheeling and Club Announcements (subscribe here to stay informed)

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
This thread is so members can be pro-actively aware of any upcoming wheeling trips. I have found members are not aware of new trips because they often get posted at the last minute which isn't enough time for them to see the new thread. So to help keep everyone up to date of activates this thread will be for any wheeling trip announcements. Once you have subscribed to this thread by posting a message or Clicking here to subscribe you will receive emails to alert you of any new activity.

Ideally the thread will contain a short blurb about an upcoming event, and then a link to the event. Sort of like

"Upcoming wheeling trip on 3/21/2009. See tread "New Hampshire Wheeling"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent idea John. Hopefully we can get this Stickied. But, this being Explorerforum, I feel we should immediately get off topic, so here is a random pic of you wheeling just for the hell of it. :p

Attachments

• img_7533.jpg
    img_7533.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 739

Members wanting/thinking about going on the NEX NH Wheeling April '09 should post in that thread. Your name will then be added to the list in the 1st post.

Note: Members do NOT need to bring a vehicle to attend the event. There are often empty seats available so you can ride along and see what its all about.

Note: Members do NOT need to bring a vehicle to attend the event. There are often empty seats available so you can ride along and see what its all about.

While this is true, don't be surprised if you're asked to spot, as well. :)

Everyone our forum has been updated. Several Sticky's were merged and some were moved out. This will help clean up the forum.

Bad news!!!

Hey guys,

I got some bad news... :(Looks like my attendance will be on hold for Aprils outing for now.... I have discovered some not so good things happening underneath my truck. While switching out spares and trying to tighten up my rear bumper- I found that the frame has rotted where the bumper attaches making a remount near impossible without some extra bracing... well that wasn't all I found....

Upon further investigation, I noticed several cracks in the frame just a short distance up from the rear- but not only that- the upper shock mount on the drivers side rear is starting to pull away from the frame. :thumbdwn::(

So right now I am going to have to keep myself off the trails until I get this thing taken care of- if possible. I am confident I will have it repaired within the next couple of weeks if all goes well, so I could be back on schedule for whenever the April trip is planned, but for now I'm going to have to wait. I have to do some investigating into the saveability right now and the options available.... but right now it looks like it is off to the welders! I'm thinking I may try to take some pictures but....

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to throw them out... otherwise its a waiting game. Its a shame especially with a 2000 with a beautiful body and only 95,000 miles.

Wish me luck! :dunno::banghead:

Hey guys,
I got some bad news... :(Looks like my attendance will be on hold for Aprils outing for now....

Sorry to hear about your frame issues. :( hopefully you'll get it fixed in short order. In the mean time you should post this and any followup info in the Wheeling in Southern NH April '09 thread. This will help keep the focus of this thread on upcoming club events.

Sorry to hear about your frame issues. :( hopefully you'll get it fixed in short order. In the mean time you should post this and any followup info in the Wheeling in Southern NH April '09 thread. This will help keep the focus of this thread on upcoming club events.

Will do.... Ive updated the status on there as well... looks like there is hope!!:thumbsup:

lets get something going again in northern ma southern nh just finished the sas and gears i need go out

where is this trail? I know i missed the run, but i grew up right down the street from brian's place

where is this trail? I know i missed the run, but i grew up right down the street from brian's place

The exact locations of trails runs are kept to only those that attend. This prevents people (not saying you personally) from trolling the internet stumbling across the thread and then abusing the trails and ruining it for everyone. You can send a PM to the run coordinator to ask, but in general exact locations are purposely kept out of the threads.

The exact locations of trails runs are kept to only those that attend. This prevents people (not saying you personally) from trolling the internet stumbling across the thread and then abusing the trails and ruining it for everyone. You can send a PM to the run coordinator to ask, but in general exact locations are purposely kept out of the threads.

O.K. I understand, it only takes one or two irresponsible people to ruin it for everyone.

was there/will there be a run in 2010? even thought the end of the year is fast approching?

also, ive tried the nex website several times and it keeps coming up with a network failur. what gives.

Hahaha there is no website just like there is no NEX....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

also, ive tried the nex website several times and it keeps coming up with a network failur. what gives.

I was the one managing and paying for the website. When I became unemployed, I couldn't afford to keep it anymore.......sorry

Back