NJ Pines wheeling and Fishing...anyone??? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NJ Pines wheeling and Fishing...anyone???

I just wnt to rrorc, and J.Devil pmed me that he would be interested in leading a run down the pines, I *THINK* it will be somewhere in the vicinity of Wharton State Forest :cool: :D :p ;) :redexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't rember what the date was that everyone was going and I don't feel like looking back through all the post. it will be nice to go with someone that know where they are going down in the pines

I hear that, I'm working on it, it is set for next week end.

June 22

Well let us in on the details.... yes it would be nice to go with someone who knows... it would start to give our area a variety of places to go..... that's what I was trying to do but I wasn't sure where...

Karol

uuhh bump?

what's going on?

Karol

not sure yet, emailed a few people who know the area, waiting for reply

This Just In

I just got an e-mail from some one I know from another forum, He can make it Sunday, but not Saturday, and THERE WILL BE WATER, NO LOW INTAKES

I know one off of 206 that is probally one of the most hardcore trails
in
all the pines. Water crossing after water crossing. I have taken
stockers
down it, but it takes some commitment, and you have to know you are
getting
wet.

I think its the third turn off on the left after the ranger station.
Drop
off to get there... if you see bird feeders and a cabin you are at the
one
before it.

Bring a strap and some tarps, and NO low intakes... SLUUUUUURP =)

We'll, it's something to go on. I got to check RRORC,
Later,
Shaun

Hey guys, new over here but longtime RRORC member. I saw your post over on that board for the Pines next weekend, anybody still going? I can't do anything Saturday, but I'm all over going wheelin' Sunday if anybody wants. My folks live about 30 minutes from the Pines, and i'll be there for the weekend. I've been on many of the trails back there before, including a few very nasty ones about a month ago on a RRORC run and I know my way around pretty well. So if anybody wants to get some Sunday, let me know! I don't know which truck I will have, my BII trail rig is currently on 5 cylinders and I don't know why. Could be something stupid like a fouled plug, but not sure until I tear into it this week. Otherwise i'll show up in the 2wd Mazda. WAIT----Don't run yet! She's lifted, geared, and locked(4.56's + ez-locker in a '95 exploder 8.8 rear with discs converted for a Ranger) and runs 31's with all the water crossing mods. Both trucks have done Pines before, the Mazda just uses her tow hooks a little more:D

I'll try and keep current on everything here, and I hope to see some of you next weekend!

Thanks Flex, I was about to abandon ship. I think a few of us are still willing to go for sunday. Are there any campgrounds you would recomend in the area?
Later,
Shaun

There are several campgrounds in the area, I can't remember them all off the top of my head. there is a ranger station on 206 right across from Atsion lake, all you need to do is go in there and they'll give you the full rundown. You will probably not have a problem showing up saturday and getting a site for that night, it's not a holiday weekend and there shouldn't be too many people. All you need to do is reserve the site at the ranger station and you will be set. I'll try to pull up the website a little later and find out some more if I can.

That would be great Flex, Thanks Again,
Later,
Shaun

Is anybody still wheeling on Sunday? My BII is still down with fuel delivery problems, but I'll have the Mazda and she's plenty capable enough to get back on most of the trails as long as I don't try and go through the really nasty stuff. If so, let me know where I can meet you guys, maybe the Red Lion Diner or the Atsion Ranger Station? Hope to see some of you Sunday!

I just got some bad news the kid that I share weekend work with is still sick so now I have to work for him on sunday, so I won't be able to make it :( , but I will defently make it outo KOP

ExplorNJ, that's too bad, I guess we'll catch up with you at KOP. Flex, what are the symptoms? Does it run for a little while then die? If so, There should be a fuel regulater on the dr side of the engine I believe. Mine got plugged up in my 88 B2 w/ 2.9. I'm not sure what one would cost, but if you find it, try to tap it lighty w/ a hammer, it worked for mine. I'm still going, Namitey has to work, I think, but I'm bringing 2 friends, their coming down in a 90 B2. I'm still not sure how to Atsion, but I'll let you know where to meet us probably later tonight, or tomorrow afternoon.
Later,
Shaun

Symptoms are:

Starts fine, idles ok while warming up When it gets warm, it will idle nice at about 900 RPM or so (normal) but every few seconds it will miss a cylinder. Then throttle respoonse and acceleration are poor from idle to 2500. It will hesitate off idle and then run pretty rough until higher revs. Then the problem dosen't go away, but gets much better.

I checked all the plugs, they are ok, nothing substantial. I have a small exhaust leak, but that shouldn't be affecting it that much. I'm thinking that if it was a fuel regulation problem from the tank to the throttle then it would get worse at high RPM not better. Possibly a bad sensor?? Or could the distributor be off a little, a little bad contact on a point?? Those are my 2 current thoughts. The truck has been "submerged" several times in the Pines, so the fuel filter, pump, regulator could also be to blame. Tonight i'm gonna get new plugs and try and pull any codes off the engine, and probably replace the fuel filter. What else am I not thinking of??

Try some fuel injector cleaner gas treatment, it might help

Well I think I fixed the BII! BUnch of ignition stuff replaced, cap, rotor, plugs and wires and she seems to be back to normal. I think one of the plug wires was shorting out. So I'm in for anything Sunday! I'll be up early, and at the Atsion Ranger station by 9 or so, unless you guys want to meet elsewhere. I'll have CB channel 10 on for anyone with a radio. Anybody still in? If you can't find the place or plans change, cell phone is 240-602-6834, just give ma a call!

cool, how do I get to the Ranger station from the parkway or turnpike?

I might be in for sunday im gotta find out tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, this should be a little easier. The Red Lion diner is at the intersection of Rt. 70 and Rt. 206 in Medford Lakes, NJ. Here's the link to mapquest, you should be able to just click get directions to this location and go from there. 206 and 70 meet at the red lion circle, and the diner is right off that. You can't miss it. I'll be there by about 8:30 or so, I have my blue and white BII with the CB antenna on the roof. It will probably be parked off to the side so you can see it from the road. If i'm not in the truck just come inside and ask for Jeff. If all else fails, give me a call on my cell phone.

From the amount of rain that the area has been getting, conditions should be pretty good. I hope everyone who is coming has extended breathers and their engine intakes set up for water crossings. Hope to see you guys there!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...on&state=NJ&zipcode=&country=US&addtohistory=

Back