NJ Pines wheeling and Fishing...anyone??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NJ Pines wheeling and Fishing...anyone???

ExplorerEB96

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill Florida (Weeki Wachee) from Bucks County PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB-gone 13 Honda Pilot
I tried to get this together last year and nothing happened. I want to do a weekend in the Pines. Maybe meet up on Saturday and do some wheeling in the Pines ....stay overnight and go fishing on Sunday morning.. This would be sometime in June.... Deep Sea Fishing is one of my other passions... Since the Pines is so near the shore.... it would be a great combo weekend. Please post if you have an interest.

Karol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i aint much inta fishin, but ill go ta hit the clubs down the shore...:D

Kinda hard to find

a club open on Sunday morning.... aawww come on guys....sheesh there isn't anything like pulling up an 18 inch fish out of the deep blue sea..

Karol:cool:

wellllll ummmmmm is there atleast beer on the boat??? maybe a bar???

Hey man I'd be up for that! Where in the pine barrens do you know to go wheeling? My friends and I are from North Jersey but we go down to Forked River/Waretown area and do wheeling down there fairly often. If I can get my truck back together by tomorrow afternoon (Im doing the ball joints.) A friend and i will prolly go down in his ranger and do some wheeling.

Sorry Chris

Originally posted by lizardtrac
wellllll ummmmmm is there atleast beer on the boat??? maybe a bar???

It's bring your own beer...in your cooler..... usually lots of fish too... lol

Karol

AAww come on guys!!

Try something new will ya!!!! Sheesh BUMPTY BUMP!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Karol :p :frustrate

How much does deep sea fishing usually run, Karol? It sounds like a fun time, but I'm gonna be pretty srapped for cash after the Paragon trip :rolleyes:

going out on a charter boat is generally cheap its like 25 bucks maybe a little less (depends on the boat.)

Where exactly in NJ do ya'll go whelling.

$25, huh? That's not bad....I'd have to give you guys any fish that I catch though-I can't gut and the last time I cooked I broke our brand new electric top range :rolleyes:

You dont need to worry about gutting your fish they do it right there on the boat i usually tip the guy a few bucks. I usually go wheeling in forked river @ a pit called WOBM and Ive been out to Paragon Adventure park in PA once but i plan on going again.

Well

I'm not exactly sure where in The Pines that they all go...but i can ask the guys on the ranger board.... It's like $25 for fishing but there is a $5 pole rental (if you don't have your own)... Spas...if you need it...I have an extra pole.... and most of the time my daughter starts out fishing and pretty much is done by an hour..... It's 1/2 day fishing 4hours.... but for $5 more we can get on the 6 hour boat....I plan on making it a weekend...for myself anyway.... We can make it the end of June if that helps anyone with the cash problem.... I'd like to wheel on Saturday and go on either Sunday morning or afternoon.... the boast for the morning usually leaves around 8am.... the boat for the afternoon usually leaves around noon or 1pm..... Mostly summer flounder will be what we will be going for at the end of June... Spas....if you catch fish....they will fillet and bone right on the boat ...you tip them like $2-$5 (depending on how much fish you get) they wrap it for you.....you put it into a little cooler with ice and it should be fine until you get home..... give it to a friend or family if you don't want it.... Seen the price of fresh fish lately??? believe me they would appreciate it....

btw the type of fishing that is mostly done on this type of boat is called top-bottom fishing..... if you want you can ask for a casting rod.... but since flounder are bottom feeders....i would stick to the top-bottom method. ... :bounce:

Karol

If I can find out where everything is I might be up for it also. I just moved to the area and have been looking for a place to go wheeling.

I was down in Forked River doing some wheeling in the WOBM pit (Maybe some one knows what im talking about :D ) And its really dry. The only pits are really deep ones that ive heard eat large trucks. A friend of mine took his 2wd ranger and got it stuck twice neither time whille doing any wheeling! :)

i'm down, i live nearby to the pines anyway. only like an hour away tops. just let me know the details when the time comes, i can bring an ishload of fishing gear too, we have 2 boats and thats all we do during the summer.

I'd be willing to go as long as it's late June(after my graduation) and I can convince my parents..the only problem is--will a stock '97 OHV be able to handle this offroading? I don't wanna get stuck out there..heh

Well

I'd say it would....more so than at Paragon ....and alot of stockers can even wheel at Paragon..... it's basically sand and lots of mud....just go around the mudholes you think are too deep for you.....

Karol

Sounds like fun, the only hard part will be convincing my parents...heh

4hi, auto, or 4lo for sand???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well

I have to say that Regular 4wd is probably the best.... 4wlo seems to just get you in deeper depending on the looseness of the sand.... I go surf fishing at Island Beach State Park and it has alot of loose sand ..... it never seems to pack unless you are only about 2 feet away from the shoreline... anyhow the pinelands have all different terriane not much in the way of rocks though...

Karol

Back