No 4wd!!!?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No 4wd!!!??

Jbrizzy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sport
Ok, I have a 98 sport. It has the 4.0 sohc, and the 4405 transfer case which has just been replaced but 4wd will not engage although the dash light does come on... What is happening?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a brown wire mod on that rig? Check for voltage at the brown wire going into the case. Also I believe there is a full 4x4 troubleshooting thread on the forum. See if you can find that it has good info.

No, it's not the v8 w full time, I just replaced the 4wd module as well... I get low range, but front wheels spin freely, I'm at the end of my rope

Me too....

I have a 2001 XLT mine just seems dead, looking for answers and suggestions as well. No clicking, or sounds coming from acuator or modual.

check that the front 4wd control module on the axle is working. also check the vacuum to the transfer case

So, just chech the lines to see that they are connected, and if so, when I check vacuum, I'm guessing I'll feel some suction on the end of the line?

Back