• Register Today It's free!

No Air from Floor Vents

EddieBronco

Reaction score
City, State
Ocala, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I haven't been able to find any fixes for this problem on my 06' Explorer with manual climate control, most of the posted threads I've seen have to do with temperature blending and the fresh air door.
Air blows strong from the dash and/or defrost ducts but when floor vents are selected no air blows from the floor.
Has anyone found a repair for this problem?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s definitely a blendoor actuator but the question is which one. I would look up the blendoor actuators at 1Aauto.com they have a lot of repair videos linked to the part you’re looking to replace. I don’t know if they’ll have that particular video but it’s a good place to start and might give you an idea of where to start looking under the dash.

It’s definitely a blendoor actuator but the question is which one. I would look up the blendoor actuators at 1Aauto.com they have a lot of repair videos linked to the part you’re looking to replace. I don’t know if they’ll have that particular video but it’s a good place to start and might give you an idea of where to start looking under the dash.
Thanks for the advice, Ive looked at their videos but all seem to pertain to temperature blending, not air output actuation?

Just a thought as I’m sitting in my Explorer now and just turned my floor vents on high to see how much air blows... I’ve had a couple of grievances with my HVAC system since I’ve owned my EX... Mine also has the manual climate control and my two issues are I think there should‘ve been another air blowing setting between 3 and 4. Sometimes I feel like not enough air comes out when set to 3 but then when I set it to 4 it’s too much air. The next issue is that I’ve always felt is that the floor vents don’t blow worth a crap and my feet get cold in very cold weather. I don’t know how long you’ve had your Explorer and if this was something where you noticed a drastic change one day or if it’s a newer vehicle to you and you’re wondering if there should be more air blowing at your feet. I’ve owned my 07 for 7 years, bought it with 72k on it and the floor setting has always sucked. It’s possible that mine (whatever blendoor) went out before I bought it but I’m guessing it’s just a bad design and it’ll never feel like enough air blows out down there. I wouldn’t worry about it, once the car gets hot or cold enough it usually doesn’t matter anyways.

Just a thought as I’m sitting in my Explorer now and just turned my floor vents on high to see how much air blows... I’ve had a couple of grievances with my HVAC system since I’ve owned my EX... Mine also has the manual climate control and my two issues are I think there should‘ve been another air blowing setting between 3 and 4. Sometimes I feel like not enough air comes out when set to 3 but then when I set it to 4 it’s too much air. The next issue is that I’ve always felt is that the floor vents don’t blow worth a crap and my feet get cold in very cold weather. I don’t know how long you’ve had your Explorer and if this was something where you noticed a drastic change one day or if it’s a newer vehicle to you and you’re wondering if there should be more air blowing at your feet. I’ve owned my 07 for 7 years, bought it with 72k on it and the floor setting has always sucked. It’s possible that mine (whatever blendoor) went out before I bought it but I’m guessing it’s just a bad design and it’ll never feel like enough air blows out down there. I wouldn’t worry about it, once the car gets hot or cold enough it usually doesn’t matter anyways.
Iv'e had my 06' Explorer for 5 years, it quit working last year. Now winter is back and I'd like to fix it. Absolutely no air comes out the floor vents, dash and defrost vents work fine.

I haven't been able to find any fixes for this problem on my 06' Explorer with manual climate control, most of the posted threads I've seen have to do with temperature blending and the fresh air door.
Air blows strong from the dash and/or defrost ducts but when floor vents are selected no air blows from the floor.
Has anyone found a repair for this problem?
Thanks
Are you the first one to own the vehicle? When working on the dreaded blend door actuator, I took off a black plastic tube that was in the way. For the life of me, I couldn't get the tube back in so I threw it in the trash can. First cold drive my heat works now but I don't get heat at my feet anymore. The passenger side works so maybe some other dummy did the same thing I did.

Are you the first one to own the vehicle? When working on the dreaded blend door actuator, I took off a black plastic tube that was in the way. For the life of me, I couldn't get the tube back in so I threw it in the trash can. First cold drive my heat works now but I don't get heat at my feet anymore. The passenger side works so maybe some other dummy did the same thing I did.

I can't say what I did but after tracing all the vacuum lines under the hood and the vacuum motor that operates the floor door it work now, been operating normal for a week now after 2 years of fiddling with it:)

Back