pumpkin

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Limited V8 AWD
On page 6 of the the '99 Ford Explorer Service Guide, it states:

No Cost PCV Valve Replacement
"The PCV valve is a critical emission component. For all vehicles equipped with 4 cylinder engines, your dealer will replace the PCV valve free of charge at 60,000 miles except in California and Canada. For all light truck vehicles equipped with V6, V8, or V10 engines, your dealer will replace the PCV valve free of charge at 100,000 miles except in California and Canada.
For all passenger vehicles with V-6 or V-8 engines, it is not necessary to replace the PCV valve until 100,000 miles. This replacement will be at the vehicle owner’s expense. If you are unsure about your engine type, ask your dealer.

Has anyone been to a dealership to inquire about this? It doesn't mention Sport Utility, but I'm just curious.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting. Dealers hardly EVER give anything for free. They may replace it for free, but you pay for the part and then some crazy fee for something off the wall.

-Drew

PCV valves are dirt cheap anyways, to replace them takes mabye 5 minutes. Still, even for a cheap and fast service, I'm surprised a dealer would ever do anything for free.

Hello- I replaced my PCV valve oh about 2005- that was the original...needless to say... the "new" version from Advanced doesn't look like the one I replaced the original with some time ago... I also have over 240,000 miles (only owner) on my truck... so any pics or feedback on how to use this 1 piece pcv properly... I like my original engine... like to keep it... =)

thanks - at idle~

what?!?!

Wow that great pay my and my wife said to dealshiper you paynow and fix now hahaha

Have you been drinking and if so why not.

lol! :D

Back