No gauges, radio or power windows. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No gauges, radio or power windows.

warwgn3

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Lincoln Aviator
Hey guys,

So my instrument cluster, radio, and power windows all quit on me this morning.

All my dash lights work when I turn on the headlight switch, but I have no gauges whatsoever.

Only the HVAC controls are working right now.

After I finished work, I looked in the owners manual to see what fuses I needed to check but was only able to check one before it started to pour rain.

The 5A fuse for the instrument cluster (fuse 21 under the dash) is good.

I ended up driving straight home and parking the truck. I’ll take another look at it when it stops raining and dries up.

Do any of you guys know what I should look for, to solve this issue?

My Explorer is on its way out anyway, with over 357,000 kms, but I would like to keep it going for a little while longer while I look for a replacement vehicle.

The big thing is, if I can’t at least get the gauges working again, she’ll be headed for the scrap yard sooner than expected, because I don’t want to be driving around, not knowing how much gas is in the tank.

Thanks.

Look into the broken wire issue in the drives door jam.

I just went through this.
It ended up being a fuse (25A in the engine bay) i didn’t ask which one it was, the truck drove me nuts and I took it to someone to have fresh eyes on it and they found it, forgot to ask which fuse it was.
I will tell you this however, I checked all the fuses that are clearly labeled with having anything to do with the cluster or any of the delayed accessories and they were all fine.

This happened when I was repairing all the wires in my drivers door jamb, as noted in the previous reply.

A friend of mine said he had the same problem which turned out to be a bad alternator.

Hope this can be of some help, as I understand the frustration this issue can bring....

Back