No Heat and it's COLD!

dking

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winterville,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992/2000 Explorer XLT
I have a 92 Ex 4x2. Blower motor stopped working about a week ago. I checked all the fuses under the dash and the hood. All checked ok.Checked the motor by hard wiring it to the battery. It works. Replace the blower motor switch and resistor. What am I missing? Need some advice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Grab a multimeter and check where power is getting; for instance check whether it is getting to the blower motor itself, to the resistor, and so on.

Another thing to look into is the resistor unit on the blower motor case. It can blow out or develop corrosion that causes the blower motor to stop working.

I had a bad wire in the connector that required complete disassembly and now it works great. I also had corrosion of the resistors from dirt and other muck inside the blower assembly.

That's for the advice it will Friday before I can check it out. I just got off from work and had a really bad day. But such is life. I will post what I find out.

Went out this morning to check out my truck. Checked the connections at the blower motor and the resistor and they both had no power. Went back and checked all the fuses the 30A under the dash in slot 12 and the 50A the Power Distribution Box slot F-3 under the hood. Both were good. Referenced my Haynes manual to see if there was a relay for the blower motor. Discover there was. Had to trace the pink wire with a white strip to make sure I had the correct relay. It was mounted to the blower motor assembly. I took relay off the wiring harness and found it was corroded tried to clean it but no luck. Just to make sure that I found the problem I used a jumper wire to see if the fan would run and it did. Auto Zone is ordering the relay and should be here this afternoon. I will let you know if it works out.

Attachments

• 20140110_115256.jpg
    20140110_115256.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 116

Thanks for the update!

It works Great!!!!! No more riding in the cold. I hope this helps someone.

Back