• Register Today It's free!

No Heat

larry1

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt 2 wheel drive
My 97 explorer does not have heat. Fan works fine. engine heat on gauge is about 1/3 up on gauge. I think the heater core may be plugged. I purchased a flush attachment at the auto parts store. It said to attach to heater core inlet house. Which hose is it? upper or lower hose? Do I attach after the control valve or before it?
Help
Larry1

Check and make sure the control valve is working first. It could be stuck closed. You should be able to tell if hot coolant is getting to and from the core by feeling the hoses to see whether or not they are hot.

same problem with 97 eddie bauer explorer

This is a true story... My heat didn't work for an entire year, my buddy and i replaced everything we could think of and nothing worked. After christmas a year later it was extremely cold, so I broke down and made an appointment with dealer to get it fixed. The night prior to me taking it in the damn heat just kicked on by itself! This really happened so I'm guessing it was something electrical, because I canceled my appt with dealer and it has been fine ever since(happened over 2 years ago) :confused:

Back