No Reverse after rebuilt valve body installed 5R55E | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Reverse after rebuilt valve body installed 5R55E

uterass

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer
Hi All Hopefully someone can help me out, i have 5r55e 2000 explorer started getting tcc code once a day, no other problems trans was shifting fine, has been serviced regular, so i replaced the solenoid new fluid etc did not fix it. Bought a rebuilt valve body with updated sonnax kit and plate with bonded gaskets all ready fitted, installed it correctly yes torqued with inch pound torque wrench, yes fluid level correct everything done by the book. Now it is totally worse no reverse at all 1st-2nd slip, 2nd-3rd flare, i think it ends up skipping 3 and going to 4, tcc codes, incorrect ratio codes. unplugged trans reverse works. Have read and read everything i can find no luck, attached are the readings on the scanner.

Thanks to everyone in advance, i have had this explorer for a 5-6 years and use it to tow car trailer to pick up vehicles, always serviced the trans.

View attachment 424098 View attachment 424099 View attachment 424100 View attachment 424101

Back