No voice directions via. Bluetooth on Android | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No voice directions via. Bluetooth on Android

jktheandies

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
I have an older htc One M8 not rooted or unlocked in any way. Completely stock AT&T and htc sense software.
My issue is I've never been able to get google maps voice directions to come through the MFT ever. I've gone through all the settings on my phone and everything is set to push the voice commands through Bluetooth.
Anyone know a work around or solution. I now have to keep an eye on my phone when using navigation if I'm listen to music etc. I've read where others have not had this problem and my wife's iPhone works.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, that works. I guess it's not possible to listen to other audio sources, i.e. FM radio or Satellite radio and still have google maps voice navigation come through at the same time? This is a HUGE disappointment.

I just tested it. Phone connected to the car via. bluetooth - the name of my phone and phone information in the top left corner of the touchscreen. I enabled bluetooth audio in the car via steering wheel controls and right small screen next to the speedo. I tested bluetooth audio by playing a song with my phones mp3 player. It worked. I created a direction in google maps on my phone. I enabled "Play Voice over bluetooth" in google maps. I then pressed "Play test sound" in google maps - this played google maps voice navigation directions through the car speakers. So I did get it to work........sort of and I hope there is a work around or this can be addressed in the next software update (which I hope keeps happening with SYNC 3 out now).

I do not hear google maps voice directions through the speakers if I'm listening to any other audio input. Moreover, if I keep "Play Voice over bluetooth" in google maps enabled I don't hear any voice directions until I disable it then it will play on my phone.

I use Waze with SYNC 3 and it works as you want it to, I'm 99.9% sure it works on MFT as well. I'll try to test today.

Lewisra - Thanks. I think it may be a MFT/Sync 2 thing though after going through it in my head after I tested last night. I'll try Waze but I think I'll have the same results because it works when I have the audio on MFT/Sync 2 set to bluetooth audio but when I switch audio sources it doesn't work.

Lewisra - Thanks. I think it may be a MFT/Sync 2 thing though after going through it in my head after I tested last night. I'll try Waze but I think I'll have the same results because it works when I have the audio on MFT/Sync 2 set to bluetooth audio but when I switch audio sources it doesn't work.
Waze DOES work with MFT the way you want it to. I believe the difference between Waze and maps(Google or Apple) is that when it communicates it does it similar to an incoming call.

Hey everyone!

I understand your concerns. It's not possible to listen to two different media sources at the same time. Get your voice heard on our Social site: Social.Ford.com

Shaay

Well that's not very good programming from either google or Ford. Maybe this can be added in a future update if Sync with MFT will ever see another update after the release of SYNC 3.

Did you get Waze to work?

Well that's not very good programming from either google or Ford. Maybe this can be added in a future update if Sync with MFT will ever see another update after the release of SYNC 3.

We will still continue to support and release updates for all SYNC versions. peterk9 is correct. The Social site is he best place to share your feedback. Our engineers monitor the site periodically.

Shaay

Back