nobodyspecials Explorer Build (Fullwidth D44/9") | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

nobodyspecials Explorer Build (Fullwidth D44/9")

nobodyspecials Explorer Build (Fullwidth D44/???)

Well, I woke up this morning with intentions of pulling the D44 and 9" out from underneath my 1972 F100 that I had been building, but put on hold. I say I had intentions of doing it, until I looked out the window and saw that it was snowing. Maybe I will wait till tomorrow. :D Maybe if it warms up, I will get to it today.

Anyway, this is what i have so far for parts:

under the F100:
D44 drum (if anyone has any disc outers, let me know. Our junkyards are pretty bare)
9" 28 spline, will be converting to 31.
4.56 gears front/back
Detroit 31 spline for 9"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, yup - by the time that tone ring was all set up on my Explorer, it was making a woooooo sound - nice tone.
nut.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I am back from surgery. Everything went pretty well, there were a few complications, but its no big deal, I already picked out this totally awesome wooden Pirate peg leg, so its cool!

I also got a new headlight and turn signal ordered from ped5stang, the guy that parts out tons of explorers and stuff. So, after that, I will at least be drivable (legally)

This is what it looked like this morning, and its still going. Does anybody elses June look like this?

S1052234.jpg

Dang my June looks nothing like that. It seems very desolate our there.

I cant wait to follow your build. Good luck

Thanks! I will admit, that snow in June is not very common here, its beautiful out now, and i am stuck inside with a bum knee. :(

It was looking pretty bleak back then, but just so you don't think its like that all the time, I hobbled out and took a pic of what it looks like today:

S1052258.jpg

So, I managed to haul my gimpy ass out to my Mountaineer (motivated by pain killers and my best friend, Stoli) because I was about to go insane sitting inside and took it out to the pasture for some faux wheeling. (haha, I made a funny) Anyway, it was nothing. Some dirt, some hills and thats about it, but it makes me long for the day when my body is no longer broken and I can get a rig put together.

I will admit the 5.0 AWD went places I didn't think it would, but then again I had pretty low expectations for it. :D

Since I like taking pictures, here you go:

0627092103-1.jpg

0627092113-2.jpg

0627092117-1.jpg

Back