Noob from NY

ckay

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Hey guys, I'm a new member from NY.

I have a '99 4.0 Explorer XLT. It's been a daily driver of mine for 5 years now.

I've always been a wrencher. Have a '93 Mustang, and an '07 GSXR.

I'm looking to put a little bit of work into the X this winter. I replaced the shocks today with some Monroes and pulled the rusty Manik guards from the previous owner and got to thinking.

I want to lift the truck slightly, and throw some 15" steelies wrapped in 31x10.5 BFGs for looks only.

I know I should be searching and reading up, but ask for quick guidance and a free pass as a noob :D

Looking for rim width, and backspacing as 4wheelparts is having a 4 for 3 deal. Might as well take advantage of that while I can.

Also, what body lifts are you guys using? I'm sure I can find a DIY thread on the install but haven't had much luck looking for the body lift, although I didn't look hard but I don't know of many sites when it comes to wheeling sites.

Any and all help is appreciated. Here's a few pics of my other toys:

DSC_0022.jpg

edit.jpg

cnv0136.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome and nice stang and bike u got there

Thanks guys, and disregard the questions. Did a little reading tonight.

My XLT is Medium Platinum.

my friend jandro has a 93 5.0 like urs but in red and he did hella mods to it and its bad ass.

ckay u got aim or yahoo messanger

Back