North CA run Nov 16th, 17th, and 18th! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

North CA run Nov 16th, 17th, and 18th!

Ok I called the forest service and they didn't know what they were talking about said it is only passable in snow vechicles. Funny cause there is NO SNOW there. I have talked to fellow wheelers and they have told me it is open year round for 4 wheeling. I was up last winter and the gate was open with tire tracks going in and out. I didn't go in cause I was bymyself and had no winch as well. I think bald mountain would be alot of fun.

I am thinking for a meeting spot on friday. at the Mc donalds on the corner of cedar and herndon in Fresno. It is about a mile from school and is right on the way to head up to the mountains. I can be there around 10:00ish. I get out of class at 9:50 so just walk to my car and drive over and go.

Pisitive Vibes,

Yes I am still going to the rock crawl thing on saturday. The trip here I am doing Friday then going to the compition Sat and back home sunday to study up for school.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Matt: do you know how to find where the compition is at? I've been wanting to go to one but have yet to make it. You want some company? Right now I'm debating on whether I should go to the compition or join Ray and the guys for a weekend of wheeling. It just seems like a lot of driving (sierras, fresno to hollister). Any ways thanks for the update and I will keep checking on this post.

Lates

Rock,
That sounds good. I say we go to Bald Mountian on
Friday. :bounce:
I would like to get an Idea of who is going on what days

Friday
Bald Mountian
Meet: Ray Lobato's house in Los Banos 8:30 am Drive to Fresno to Mickey D's by 10:00am (cedar and herndon ), Then off to Bald Mountian.
PM or Email for Directions

Saturday
Frank Raines Park

Meet: 9:00am Jack in the box just off the patterson exit on I-5

Sunday
Hollister Hills

Meet: 9:00am Ranger station at Hollister Hills meet.

For people wanting rides, Gerald, Anthony and I all have seating.
Newbies, old timers, stock or not. All are welcome to come and play

Whatever the schedule will be works for me. I can't wait!

Ray do you know how many people are joining you Sat and Sun????

im gonna try and make it on saturday

Originally posted by Positive Vibes
Ray do you know how many people are joining you Sat and Sun????

Vibes,
At this point in time, I don't know whos gonna show up other then Me, Gerald, Tom,Rock Ranger, and Anthony(BAExplorer),All three days, Soupbone, on Saturday, Maybe KVO for Hollister.

Anyone Else Wanna go Wheelin'?

This is a perfect time to see how that stocker will run and you have plenty of people to help you out.

alrighty!!!! got the day off .i,ll be goin fri ,sat and sun.i may follow tom to rays house on friday,then tom can flip a coin for who he feels safe riding with... i have room for a person and some coolers. i will have my krazzzzzy k-9 with me (kia).as time gets closer we should have count for whos goin what day,what cb channel shall we dail on?......later see ya all friday:mattmoon:

I'm in for sure, all three days.

Ray - send me directions from I-5/Los Banos, I know how to get to the general area

I'll be riding along, and bringing my fancy DV/Still camera for both film and still pics.

thomas

I was hoping to join you guys on Saturday because I have a wedding to attend on Sunday but it does not look good this time for Saturday either. I just may have to head down to Hollister this weekend for some relief!

I will only be friday. I will need a seat for the trip. My 4wd is busted and won't be fixed till thanksgiving. Ray I emailed you directions to the mc donalds I was talking about. I will be getting there probably a few minutes after 10:00 am. Can't wait to see all of you out there.

Matt

bump!

anyone else?

come on down, have some fun!

OK I'm not going to go to the Rock crawling event in the Sierra's. I will be spending Sat and Sun with all you fine folks. That is if ya'll dont' mind. Hopefully we can get some more people out there.

Alright Vibes!
We'll see you there.
Kvo,
Hope your truck is OK, sorry we won't see you. Next time.:)

Anyone else wanna come out and play?

Just bumping it up again to see if there are anymore people out there who want to get their X dirty this next weekend. I should be very very muddy!!!!!!!!! Sounds like FUN!

Supose to be snow at shaver lake tonight and a good amount up the mountain past that. Hopefully they will keep the trails open for us on friday. I am so looking forward to this trip. Only a few more days.

Matt

Hey Matt,
Is there snow up there yet?
Can't wait for Friday!

Im not sure about the snow. We got dumped on here and they were calling for snow at 6000 yesterday. Considering bald is closer to7000 if not more should make for fun. I am ready. Can't wait to get out of town for the day.

Matt

alrighty can,t wait ...if ya can ray could you email me directions to your house? i will most likely be following tom. but just incase i would like the directions. thanks see ya all in three days.............what cb channel????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Ray - Have fun up there.

BTW - Do you know anything about Torque Converter??? Like, how to test it or remove it? I'm thinking/hoping (and Tom thought so also) that it's a bad torque converter.

Back