Not another passenger window thread!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not another passenger window thread!!!

rocketrobmoney

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
:usa:Ok, so I noticed a few weeks back the passenger window, when rolling up or down, hesitated a few times. Today, after rolling it all the way down, the window became unresponsive(from both driver and passenger) my 95 sport does not have a window lock, and is a 2 door.

I took the panel off, and tested the switch. The switch has power. I can hear a click in the motor, when I try to roll it up. I tried tapping the motor with a screw driver, to no avail. Im leaving to go out of town, and dont have alot of time to mess with it. What is the fastest way to get the window up, from the sh*tty situation i find myself in right now?:thumbdwn: Thanks.

Unscrew the window from the clamp, lift the window up (be careful to make sure it stays on the track) and put a long piece of wood inside to hold the window up.

Ok, so I gambled with tapping it for about 20 minutes, and finally the motor activated and I rolled the damn thing up. I'll deal with this headache when I get back. Thanks for the reply.

My Mustang had the same problem last year. The window stuck down.

Being a convertible I was able to look down on the window easily and realised that the back part was sticking up more than the front part. I did my best to grab the top of the glass with my finger tips and wiggled it. I felt the window drop back into the guide and it has worked ever since...I realise that this might not work with our Explorers but you might want to make sure that the glass is sitting in the guide properly.

Back