O/D off, 4Hi, 4Lo all flashing | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O/D off, 4Hi, 4Lo all flashing

Be careful I did this under the truck thing with my son he then backed over me
You should have seen the tire track on my shirt
And the look on his face

It was a noise under the truck you could only hear with it in reverse heat shield

I chocked the wheels and all that stuff

It was raining out so he put it in gear foot on brake and e break on
So I'm under there banging on stuff to find it and his foot slipped off the break slammed the gas and blup rite over me

He was worried about running me over so he was holding the breaks hard I'm sure it helped it slip off

Now we joke ..I'm I that bad you want to run me over ... h e says yep

Needless to say now I use jack stands every time I get under the truck lol

BE Careful don't pull a don

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're amazing, gman! That's what it was. I moved it back to H and put the shift motor back and took it for a spin. No problems. Got up to 45MPH with no issues. No 'OD off' light. No flashing 4Hi/4Lo lights.

I'll order that new shift motor and get it put in. Looks to be only 80 bucks new, so not worth the hassle of going to pick n pull.

Can't thank you enough for your help!

ouch Don! He didn't back all the way over you, right? I mean...that'd be fatal...

I was lucky and the motor lined up, so I didn't have to have to worry about that, thank goodness.

ouch Don! He didn't back all the way over you, right? I mean...that'd be fatal...

I was lucky and the motor lined up, so I didn't have to have to worry about that, thank goodness.
Yep ran me over all the way
Did not hurt my chest but messed up my arm for like a month
The doctors were scratching their heads looking at the x rays wondering why I did not break anything

Yep ran me over all the way
Did not hurt my chest but messed up my arm for like a month
The doctors were scratching their heads looking at the x rays wondering why I did not break anything
@donalds
You must have a strong "disposition": disposed position, with tire marks. I once had my tandem trailer wheels, both of them, roll over my ankle. Hurt like hell, swelled up some, black and blue, didn't even go to the Dr. imp

@donalds
You must have a strong "disposition": disposed position, with tire marks. I once had my tandem trailer wheels, both of them, roll over my ankle. Hurt like hell, swelled up some, black and blue, didn't even go to the Dr. imp
There was tire tracks black and blue across my chest and right arm
I saw it coming so I instinctively tightened up my chest that's why I'm not dead but my arm was a little squashed I waited like a week then my wife made me go to the doctor and yea mine hurt like hell to

My 98 explorer XLT is doing the exact same thing with the high RPMs and won't go over 40/45ish and the lights flashing. No power going to my shift motor and when I took it off the rod is pointed at the H but it feels like it is 4WD. I replaced GEM with one I had from a 2000 XLT model but that did nothing, replaced the electronic relay, did nothing, all fuses are good too. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to replace my TC?

Back