O/D off light flashing..... Need help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O/D off light flashing..... Need help!

jfiato

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Sport
I'm out at the outer banks, and did some 4wheeling today on the beach. Nothing aggressive, 4 to get on the beach, then 2 when I got to the packed sand. And then back and fourth as I went through some tricky stuff. But I wasn't laying into it like some others on the beach. I stopped at a grocery store before headin back home in 2wd. I left the beach and got to the store with no issues. When I cranked it after shopping, the light came on and was flashing and I noticed then that the truck was shifting rough. Anone have any ideas what it could be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, I don't know, but with the light & hard shifting it sounds like your transmission is in "limp home" mode. Is there any way you can get the codes read?

Idk I'd have to take it into a shop. I hoPe not..... That won't be good.....

So the light turned off. I did add Lucas oil no slip trans stuff to it yesterday. Could it have that it just got overheated?

Could of overheated but make sure its not overfilled now. Reset the computer by taking the neg cable off the battery for 10 mins, might help.

Back