• Register Today It's free!

OEM CD Player

Bakari

Reaction score
City, State
AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Baurer
:confused: Husband desided he wants to stick with a stock player for MY 1995 Eddie Bauer Explorer(uuuggghhh)...any way, I found a 6 disk indash that will go in my truck (OEM part # F77F-18C815-BB), the plugs are exactly the same so, my question is....will this just plug right up & play or do I need any other plugs...the OEM that is being replaced is now a casstte with the CD control button I bought & put in so I could play a portable CD player...the OEM that was in the truck when I bought it was a cassette w/out the CD button.

Well, scratch that last post...the man who had the CD player told me the wrong info..it's a single disk player :(

Bakari said:
:confused: Husband desided he wants to stick with a stock player for MY 1995 Eddie Bauer Explorer(uuuggghhh)...any way, I found a 6 disk indash that will go in my truck (OEM part # F77F-18C815-BB), the plugs are exactly the same so, my question is....will this just plug right up & play or do I need any other plugs...the OEM that is being replaced is now a casstte with the CD control button I bought & put in so I could play a portable CD player...the OEM that was in the truck when I bought it was a cassette w/out the CD button.

The tape player with a CD button will not play a portable CD payer. I will however control a factory CD changer that goes inside the center console. You will need an adapter if you want to have the indash 6 CD player to work in your vehicle.

The tape player WITH the CD button WILL play a portable CD player without any trouble.

Back