OEM part number for transmission filter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OEM part number for transmission filter

efiles123

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer
I’m trying to figure out which oem transmission filter fits my 1999 Ford Explorer XLT V6 4.0l AT. I’ve used multiple oem parts sites for reference and I’ve seen 2 different filters they claim work for my model. One of the part numbers is XL2Z7A098DA and the other is F6AZ7A098A. I’m starting to guess the first one is for the V6 and other is for V8 model. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’m trying to figure out which oem transmission filter fits my 1999 Ford Explorer XLT V6 4.0l AT. I’ve used multiple oem parts sites for reference and I’ve seen 2 different filters they claim work for my model. One of the part numbers is XL2Z7A098DA and the other is F6AZ7A098A. I’m starting to guess the first one is for the V6 and other is for V8 model. Thanks in advance.
I didn't look specifically but there are differences between 2wd/4wd. 4wd usually has a longer pickup because you are more likely go to off road, on steep inclines, etc. Rockauto or other sites will usually specify this.

@efiles123

To nail it down, you need to specify if you have a OHV or SOHC V-6 Engine.

It would be a good idea to add that very important detail to your vehicle profile OR signature.

Both are accessed in your PROFILE.

Hope that helps -

The link you provided clearly states that filter is for a V8. The top result of the other part number specifies it’s for a 5r55e.

Stated clear as can be:

2CD02A54-86C9-4540-B1F9-BA49FBFBB67D.jpeg

4587B9E9-9E0C-4A44-87E5-389BBC3CBDFD.jpeg

4CADD4D5-7FE6-49FA-91A2-871100CF5A24.jpeg

I suggest the add on filter for the v6s, as they need all the help they can get.

@efiles123

To nail it down, you need to specify if you have a OHV or SOHC V-6 Engine.

It would be a good idea to add that very important detail to your vehicle profile OR signature.

Both are accessed in your PROFILE.

Hope that helps -
Both should have the 5r55e, although that info is typically imperative.

^^^^ Besides the obvious, after looking at the big picture of the OP's question and knowing the complexity of performing the service PROPERLY, mine was more of a test question regarding "pass go OR farm out" ;)

Ok guys I’ve realized that I have a 5R55E so that answers that! Wish these people on eBay were a little more cautious when listing items like this.

The problem is they don’t have a clue about what they are selling.

The problem is they don’t have a clue about what they are selling.
Yes! And they sell parts that have missing items from the box(gaskets,orings,ect). Sometimes I wonder if they intentionally sell you the wrong part just to offload the dead stock they’ve been sitting on. Considering just ordering the filter from the dealer. Rather spend extra to avoid having a project held up on the driveway for a few days.

Back