• Register Today It's free!

OEM part numbers needed

Hossexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Baker City, OR.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Hello! I am trying to find replacement part numbers for my 1993 Ford Explorer 4.0l. I need a Harmonic balancer bolt and the Automatic flexplate bolts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Does the torque converter/flexplate take nuts?

I've searched for A4ld flexplate bolts & came up with nuts instead.

Also, have you tried the ARP catalog?
Ranger, Aerostar should be included in the search.

If you are looking for part numbers specifically, ford part codes are generally consistent & predictable. Read up on ford part decoding system. You can also start by doing web search for the part itself without model or year specific information in your query. Would also search for "crankshaft pulley bolt" for this as it is the same thing. If your results have similar strings after the first 4 characters, then you likely have discovered the "main" part number. The first 4 characters (the prefix) has date, model, type info. As some parts are used across different models& years, the prefix section numbers are not always updated, so to confirm a part is correct , it might be helpful to use wild cards for the prefix in search.

searching for "ford" "harmonic balancer bolt" provides results such as:
E7RY-6A340-B
F5RZ-6A340-B
F1AZ-6A340-A

and searching for "6A340" in part suppier searches confirms it is also called "crankshaft pulley bolt".

"6A340" is likely the part number. so cross reference that to the known uses (the 4.0). You will then likely find the correct full coded part number. Then for good measure take those fully coded part numbers you find, and perform a search to determine if there was ever an update or TSB that mentioned them.

It's just a bolt though. Match the threads, length, rating and type is easier and less expensive.

Back