• Register Today It's free!

Oem parts source?

F SANE IL

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer EB V6 4x4
Where do you guys get OEM parts from? I used to have a Camaro and there was a couple of guys that the entire forum would always contact for OEM parts where forum members had pretty much the best possible discount for the public while still beating the price if you were to go to the local dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RockAuto or Ebay for me. But, I'm not always looking for OEM. Hell, I don't think there's a "Motorcraft" manufacturing plant anyway!

With Ford everything is Motorcraft brand so I usually price check the items through fordparts.com and then see what the local dealership is charging for it and if they even have it in stock. Sometimes just calling around the local parts places will get a slightly better price, but typically not by much if they even carry the item in that brand. Anymore there just isn't a one stop place for the best price on OEM parts, because it depends on who is trying to move inventory.

Thanks a lot guys. I'm looking for the seat foam. This one is flat on one side.

Wow, that's a new one. I'd probably be speaking with a local upholstery shop for that kind of work.

Tasca

I purchase my OEM parts online from Tasca Parts Center. I have found that the local dealers have little interest in parts sales, a small in house inventory, charge retail prices, and frequently require payment before ordering. That means two trips to the dealer to pay a high price. Tasca will research the needed part number, has a large inventory, and charges a discount rate that usually results in a lower total cost even after paying for shipping and handling.

Thanks a lot guys. I'm looking for the seat foam. This one is flat on one side.

Sounds like the seat spring/support is what is broken and not necessarily the foam. I would pull the seat and verify first, but Ornery is right if you really need the seat foam I would go to an upholstery shop.

Where are you located in Brooklyn? There's a place near the water (I think it's either Emmons Ave or Neptune Ave). They have a sign in the front which says Limousine & upholstery. I haven't been around there in a long time so I don't know if they are still in business.

Where are you located in Brooklyn? There's a place near the water (I think it's either Emmons Ave or Neptune Ave). They have a sign in the front which says Limousine & upholstery. I haven't been around there in a long time so I don't know if they are still in business.

Sheepshead. Don't mind getting some new fellow X friends near by.

Back