Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

Your ipod will actually play?

Mine just shows album art (very cool) but won't play music at all (not so cool).

Mine will only play music through bluetooth streaming from my iphone. Functionality from bluetooth streaming is near zilch. You can't select songs and there is no way to tell what it's going to play.

I like the idea of this thread, but I would have to submit 25 entries....

Maybe I'll do this later to feel like I'm being proactive at a fix. I'm so frustrated with this Explorer right now. It's a huge let-down.
It’s not unreasonable to want the functions with your new Explorer to work as designed. I’ve been working to escalate your case and sent you an update via PM. Please check your inbox for the details.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1.) Bug
2.) LTD - 302A, tow, captains chairs, moonroof.
3.) 250 miles
4.) MFT v. 2.8
5.) When on the entertainment screen, the tab for the auto climate control on the lower right corner said that auto climate is "off," however the button on the front panel (non MFT screen on the sony radio head) was illuminated indicating that auto climate was ON, the "climate" screen on MFT also indicated that auto climate was on(i.e. everything else indicated that auto climate was on). Cycling the auto climate on the MFT climate screen did not resolve the issue. The issue was resolved by hitting auto climate on the sony radio head, which did NOT turn off auto climate as would be expected since the light was illuminated indicating auto climate was on (i.e. if auto climate is on, then hitting the auto climate button SHOULD turn auto climate off, but it did not, the light stayed lit) but did cycle the MFT screen tab in the lower right hand corner to "ON" to correct the situation. Basically it looks like the auto climate system was on, but the indicator was incorrectly reading the state as off.

Note that I had the cooled seats set to medium.

1.) Bug/Feature ?
3.) 250 miles
4.) MFT v. 2.8
5.) Text functionality on DroidX - the Droid supports the MAP protocol, so it should work, but it doesnt.

I think that's a feature, not a bug. It broadens the scope of the search by dropping the last letter, in case of a misspelling or something. I think its helpful.

1) Interface change
2) LTD 302A Tow
3) 1400 miles
4) v2.4 (!)
5) When I touch the "Quick Dial" button, the quick dial screen comes up but is non-functional for X seconds while a pop-up window message telling me how to add numbers to the list is displayed. Not really quick dial anymore, and it requires a second or third glance from the road.

1) Bug
2) LTD
3) 2500 miles
4) v2.8
5) iPhone4 v4.3.3
6) MFT shows iPhone4 connected via Bluetooth and phone functions work fine. User selects Bluetooth audio on MFT to stream music from iPhone4 but MFT says "No Bluetooth device is connected" Even though phone connection GUI is displaying same iPhone is connected. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes when it does work the display to the right of the speedometer wont show "Bluetooth Streaming" it will display Sirius or another option.

1.) bug
2.) XLT - 202A, tow, power liftgate.
3.) 200 miles
4.) MFT v. 2.8
5.) Bluetooth audio streaming only works intermittently. On the drive home from the dealership I was able to pair my HTC Incredible thru bluetooth and both calling and audio streaming functions worked fine. On day 2 of ownership, my wife paired her Motorola DroidX with the bluetooth, her calling and audio streaming functions worked fine. The next time I used the car, the audio streaming wouldn't connect with my HTC Incredible. Under the entertainment section I can select my phone's bluetooth conenction, but after about 1 second it says my phone is disconnected and returns to FM radio. I've done multiple SYNC resets, deleted pairing history from MFT and phone and the audio streaming works only intermittently now with my HTC Incredible. However, even after doing a master reset in SYNC, and only pairing my wife's DroidX, it (the DroidX) has never been able to stream audio after the first day when it worked fine. I've tried every imaginable combination of the options with 911 location, auto phonebook download, and setting default voicemail number yet I'm not able to get the audio streaming to work again thru the DroidX. One thing I did notice was that after we do a successful pairing with the DroidX, if we go to the entertainment screen in MFT, and select her bluetooth connection, it acts like it connects fine. However, the moment we actually begin playing audio thru her phone, the connection drops and MFT goes back to previous entertainment source.

I understand after reading the Ford/SYNC compatibility sheets that the DroidX isn't listed as a phone tested successfully for audio streaming. What irks me is that there are so few phones that report successful for audio streaming. Why is it that Motorola can produce a $50 pair of bluetooth headphonse that works with virtually every bluetooth enabled device under the sun, but our $35K Ford Explorer doesn't work with 2 of the most popular smart phones sold by Verizon?

Hi guys,

Thank you again for taking time to post in this thread detailing your issues and feature suggestions. All the feedback and your continued desire in wanting to improve the SYNC product are really appreciated. The SYNC Support team is listening and continues to learn from all the community insights. Please continue to share your experiences as SYNC is developed in the future.

The Global Vehicle Strategy Group is also interested in hearing what you have to say as they focus their attention on connectivity and infotainment ideas. They are asking that you "tell us how you function in your vehicle and how you want to interact with the vehicle". If you'd like to submit an idea, or simply want to review and rate other people's ideas, please go to the Connectivity/Infotainment section on Your Ideas on The Ford Story website ( www.TheFordStory.com ).

Thanks again for all your feedback and we hope that you continue to share your ideas both here and on The Ford Story website.

Cory

1.) Bug
3.) 500 miles
4.) MFT v. 2.8
5.) Droid X
6.) When playing music through the usb port (I have around 600 songs) set on shuffle all, I pressed the Voice command and said "Play Song Crazy" - I have two songs with crazy in the title, and Sync found them both and listed them and offered me the choice to: "say a line, play all, or play none." I said "play all", sync replied "playing all" - sync played the first song and then the next song was not the second "crazy" on the list but instead was a random song in my playlist. While playing the first song, it seems to just jump to the point on the song list where the first song is (i.e. the display shows 345/600 or whatever position the first song is in). When I do the same thing, but instead select one of the songs (not play all), the display shows 1/1 - i.e. it takes the system out of shuffle all to play just that one song. My guess is that instead of taking me out of the shuffle all setting, the play all command

1.) Missing Feature
2. )LTD AWD - 302A, Tow
3. )200 miles
4.) MFT v2.8
5.) HTC Evo 4G
6.) There doesn't seem to be any way to delete call history. I would like to be able to select an incoming or outgoing or missed call and delete it from the history, also would like to delete ALL if possible.

I suspect it is syncing your call history from your phone. If you delete that call history from the phone, which should be simple, I think this will solve your problem. I don't think you could or should be able to do that independently of the phone, or you'll cause confusion when you reconnect and it tries to sync up again, as mine shows calls from outside the car as well. Something that I actually like and find useful.

1. Feature
2. XLT
3. 750 miles
4. MFT 2.8

When I browse to an artist on a USB drive, then select an album, the start playing, why can't we browse "back" to the album list, and then back to the artist list. Once you initiate a song you have no choice but to begin the next browse from the very beginning. Very annoying, especially considering how slowly this process functions. Make it like all other media devices where you can start the browse from where you currently are.

1. Feature
2. Xlt
3. 750 miles
4. Mft 2.8

when i browse to an artist on a usb drive, then select an album, the start playing, why can't we browse "back" to the album list, and then back to the artist list. Once you initiate a song you have no choice but to begin the next browse from the very beginning. Very annoying, especially considering how slowly this process functions. Make it like all other media devices where you can start the browse from where you currently are.

+1

I suspect it is syncing your call history from your phone. If you delete that call history from the phone, which should be simple, I think this will solve your problem. I don't think you could or should be able to do that independently of the phone, or you'll cause confusion when you reconnect and it tries to sync up again, as mine shows calls from outside the car as well. Something that I actually like and find useful.

You appear to be correct, not sure on the "update" frequency, but it does work. Thanks!

1. Bug
2. Xlt w/ Nav, dual moonroof, rear dvd, 202A
3. 2,250 miles
4. Mft 2.8

My iphone 3GS is losing connection with MFT repeatedly via Bluetooth. This is mainly an issue with the ipod playing through the stereo system, but does affect the phone features too. Seems like it is happening more than it is not at this point.

1. Bug
2. Xlt w/ Nav, dual moonroof, rear dvd, 202A
3. 2,250 miles
4. Mft 2.8

My iphone 3GS is losing connection with MFT repeatedly via Bluetooth. This is mainly an issue with the ipod playing through the stereo system, but does affect the phone features too. Seems like it is happening more than it is not at this point.

I have this as well with an iPhone4. In my case the iPhone connects fine (and the phone functions work) but Bluetooth audio streaming doesn't work, even though it's showing my device as available. This happens probably 50% of the time. Turning BT off and back on usually fixes this.

I have this as well with an iPhone4. In my case the iPhone connects fine (and the phone functions work) but Bluetooth audio streaming doesn't work, even though it's showing my device as available. This happens probably 50% of the time. Turning BT off and back on usually fixes this.

That will work just about every time, but you can also just touch the "connected" button on the iphone's bluetooth screen under "devices" and it will almost always re-establish connection. Just a quicker work around. I hope that makes sense.

That will work just about every time, but you can also just touch the "connected" button on the iphone's bluetooth screen under "devices" and it will almost always re-establish connection. Just a quicker work around. I hope that makes sense.

I try that but it rarely works for me. It thinks it's connected already. MFT thinks it's connected too. In the iPhone media player it even has the blue box that enables switching between the phone speakers and sync (for audio out). Switching to the phone sends the sound out of the phone speakers. Selecting sync just brings silence. For me all that seems to work is causing the phone to disconnect completely from MFT, then reconnecting.

1. Bug
2. LMT AWD Full load
3. 2000mi
4. MFT v2.8
5. When plugging in my iPhone4 to play music through USB cable the display shows song playing, album art, and song timer all correct but no audio is heard. Without unplugging anything I change the source by touching BlueTooth audio source selector and then the audio is heard thats playing through the USB cable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys,

If you are posting your concern in this thread, please keep in mind that I’m available via PM to help with getting your issue resolved. If you haven’t already done so, please message me your VIN, dealer name, and approximate mileage so I can assist.

Cory

Back