• Register Today It's free!

offroad light bar

RedneckRambo

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
does anyone know where i can get an offroad light bar for a 94 Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine is a KARR.....
Markinsqeeze.jpg

Fairly easy to install, and it came with all necessary hardware(mounts for above the doors). I don't remember where I got it though. It was a site on the net, so maybe just do a search(google/etc.) and it will come up.:salute:

I was thinking about modifying my luggage rack bar to accommodate a set of lights.

I was thinking about modifying my luggage rack bar to accommodate a set of lights.

yeah i was thinking about doing that too but i dont know how hard its going to be to do

Mine is a KARR.....
Fairly easy to install, and it came with all necessary hardware(mounts for above the doors). I don't remember where I got it though. It was a site on the net, so maybe just do a search(google/etc.) and it will come up.:salute:

yeah i found a bunch on google thanks for the info

I would go to the junk yard and get one to butcher up so you don't sacrifice the one on your car. If it's worth a try.

Its generally not recommended to use the roof rack as a light bar. It's a real piece of junk. The CARR light bar looks interesting, but there are also threads on here about making your own.

saw an interesting way to mount roof lights the other day. this black 2nd gen 2 door had four small aux lights mounted to the plastic rain guard of his sunroof. never seen that done before. looked like the plastic supported the weight of the lights well enough. i would have never thought of doing that. it actually didnt look too bad at all either, kind of low profile. thought i'd share, haha

When I was breaking the other explorer we had, I took the front roof bar off, with sliders and put them on mine, so I can run 3 roof bars, the front one will be for extra lights when I get round to it.

Si

i thought of a easy and cheap way to make one today. ill upload pics and specs for it when i get around to puttin it together

i think im gonna start workin on that light bar tomorrow

sweet cant wait to sea some pic!!!! i wanna do my own light bar!!! go ahead and make a nice ole write up :) lol

I wanna do a light bar, but I just keep thinking about my adventure in the woods a few weeks ago, I'm still surprised I have my roof racks left, I'm pretty sure I would have lost light's if I had them... I kept thinking, "Great, here goes my roof racks!" but they held on somehow.

I'm still trying to buff out all the limb marks all over my truck.

Course I guess trying to bully your way through the National forest isn't the best thing for your truck. I should have painted it yellow and wrote Caterpillar across it, because I seemed to think it was a bull dozer that weekend!!

Anyone had problems with the forest and their lights?? If not, how did you protect them?

i had been using my luggage rack as a light bar for a long time,, it never had a problem at all,

in fact it lasted for 4 years, than i got off my lazy butt and built my own out of old pipe,,

here is one that is the same as my new one,, ,

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201833

it's so easy to be on the pipe , just like that , , ,

I wanna do a light bar, but I just keep thinking about my adventure in the woods a few weeks ago, I'm still surprised I have my roof racks left, I'm pretty sure I would have lost light's if I had them... I kept thinking, "Great, here goes my roof racks!" but they held on somehow.

I'm still trying to buff out all the limb marks all over my truck.

Course I guess trying to bully your way through the National forest isn't the best thing for your truck. I should have painted it yellow and wrote Caterpillar across it, because I seemed to think it was a bull dozer that weekend!!

Anyone had problems with the forest and their lights?? If not, how did you protect them?

im gonna make mine fold down so i got a little extra clearance if i need it

ok so im not gonna work on it today cuz our chop sawblade is worn out so i cant do any cutting.

Back