Oh No... I'm going to have to ORDER! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oh No... I'm going to have to ORDER!

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
We (my sales person and I) cant locate an Explorer that fits my specifications.

Limited 302A
Black
Trailer Tow
2nd Row Buckets
Console
Dual panel moon-roof (don't need but will order)

What a scary thought with reading how everybody is waiting, Black paint from Japan being an issue and incentives changing. (Don't want to lose out on the $1500 owner loyalty).

Already traded in my 2009 Ram Crew Cab 4x4 so I could hold dealer to trade in value which was equal to what I could have sold it for private party.

I really like the second row buckets as it gives my kids a space for storage and provides a better view (less claustrophobic) from the third row seats.

I was eligible for $3250 in incentives so anything short of that will be a loss for me. I really hope they extend the owner loyalty!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you hurry up and order, you could still get the black paint. It's just not available for fleet sales so regular customers can get it.

If you hurry up and order, you could still get the black paint. It's just not available for fleet sales so regular customers can get it.

Thanks! I will place an order for it tonight.

I ordered my X tonight 3/29. Now I'll wait to see if the order gets "picked up"

I'm not sure how the ordering all works, but my dealer was able to change one of their existing orders to meet my specifications. It seemed to speed the process up a bit.

See the post about locking in Incentives from customer service. If they get better you get those, if they get worse you keep what you have.

My dealer told me that customer orders will always go in front of dealer stock orders. My guess is that your dealer is trying to make you feel better by telling you what he did. My wife couldn't wait on an order so we went with a dealer locate/trade and got just what we wanted the next day. Good luck on your order and I hope it comes in soon.

Back