• Register Today It's free!

Oil leak from the front diff

Purch1977

Reaction score
City, State
Nottingham
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows the size of the front right oil seal on the front diff? Mine has dicided to leak and good old ford uk don't have them and don't know if they will ever have them again

Looks like the TIMKEN 710428 seal is what you need for the intermediate seal on the right side of the IFS Dana 35. Timken seals (and their bearings) are about the best you can buy and better than what was originally on there or what you might get from the dealer.

http://www.amazon.com/Timken-710428...f=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive

Timken has a "seal spec guide" PDF on their site if you want to look up the exact dimensions, and Amazon shows that the same Timken part also fits a 1990-1992 Isuzu Impulse and 1991-1992 Isuzu Stylus, so you might be able to order from an Isuzu UK dealer if you can't find a Timken distributor or parts store that can order them, but Timken has quite a presence in the UK, so it should be pretty easy to find a place to get their products from.

If there aren't any places in the UK that have that particular seal, ordering from the US might be an option as well, it's a small and light enough part that it could easily fit in a padded envelope so actual shipping costs shouldn't be too high.

If you can't find them anywhere else, I am selling a set of the right and left seals for the front diff fron SKF (another good bearing company.

Check out my items for sale thread for details: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439277

I would charge actual shipping to the UK, but still might be way less than you would pay elsewhere.

Hi sorry for the late replay it's the drive shafts not the prop input shaft! Any how's I have got the seals from rock autos price wasn't too bad either

Back