• Register Today It's free!

oil life reset

Daavman

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer - base mode
I just took my 2018 base model Explorer to JiffyLube for its first oil change since I bought it a few months ago. There was a new message on the info screen that said something like "long press OK to reset oil life". Which I did. And it gave me the "oil life reset" confirmation message. But then it reverted back to the original "press OK to reset oil life" message again and now I can't get it to cancel. It wouldn't be so bad but it's preventing any other computer information from displaying now.
Any thoughts on how to fix this pesky problem?

That's the first time this has been brought up. From your post it seems that the message came up on its own. I've not heard of that before but it could be new. My experience with that feature was that you had to scroll the menu and select it and then press OK and you can see it reset. I'm guessing that you did not see it reset? Other than trying the negative battery cable disconnect for a few minutes, I'm not aware of a 'reset' procedure for that. Not even sure if the disconnect would work for this. Be aware you will likely lose some saved memory programs this way.

Peter

Back