Oil preasure gauge bouncing lower? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil preasure gauge bouncing lower?

Happy Jack

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Just back from a trip and the oil preasure gauge needle has been bouncing a bit. It mornally sets in about the middle of NORMAL. Started it a while ago (before the last trip) but is getting worse. Now it drops all the way down to the bottom of the bracket below the N in NORMAL and stays there for a while 10-15 seconds the will start to go back up.

I'm not hearing any lifter noise so I'm thinking wiring or sender unit. Anyone else have this trouble?

gage

the pressure gage is really an idiot light. it does not read pressure, if the pressure switch is activated, the needle goes to the middle of the "gage".

you either have a bad sendor/wires, or you are intermittanly getting very low pressure. check you wires and sendor, make sure your oil level is up on teh mark also.

good luck

Thanks for the info. I was the sender. I did do a search on this forum for oil preasure and did not find anything. Man am I "Happy" it was something minor.

Back