oil pump problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

oil pump problems

lynn s 460

Reaction score
City, State
sunnyside washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi guy iam new here and just got a 2001 explorer and i maybe having oil pump problems sometimes in the mornings the gauge duz not move for a few minutes. I think the gauge is ok so how hard would it be to chang the oil pump in a 4.0 thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First replace the oil pressure sender. Its basically an on or off deal. They can get tired and oil ca pass the internal seal causing it need higher pressure to give a signal.

that makes alot of sence ill try that first were abouts is it location on the block thank you janolsson

Not sure whether or not you have the OHV engine or the SOHC. I think it is in a similar position on the both but not sure about the OHV
On the SOHC if you look thro the drivers side wheel arch behind the flap just forward and below the exhaust manifold you will see a white plastic cap with one wire attached, thats the baby

Just found this photo
Engine%20ready%20for%20paint.JPG

Hey thank you for the picture and your help iam going to try to get the sending unit and put it in this weekend.Thanks again

Back