Ok CO people!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ok CO people!!!!!

I don't think my truck is near enough capable of Holy Cross (maybe someday), so if i went up there it would have to be shotgun with somebody. I think the same probably goes for trails like Hacket, unless there are some bypasses (what can I say? the truck is still basically stock!). But I can stand to the side and take pictures!

I would like to try Red Cone sometime this summer (now that my transmission has first gear again). So be sure to let me know when you are going!

Hopefully soon, I will be employed again, so I can fund my weekend wheelin' adventures.

Oh, BTW, Im up for either bbq and or sonic/drive in type of get together.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are welcome to go with us. Your Ranger will most likely Run neck in Neck with the Jeeps:D . Let Me know if you want to. I will be comming home from School on the 17.

Originally posted by Kirby N.
Your Ranger will most likely Run neck in Neck with the Jeeps

Thanks Kirby for that vote of confidence! I used my tow strap once last year to PULL a JEEP FROM A SNOW BANK. Does That get me any more points? :D

Just put me on the list and let me know when you go! The end of July/First of August, my family will be holding a reunion of sorts, but Im sure I could get away for some 'wheeling! Perhaps, I could convince my dad to tag along and show him what 4 wheel drive is really used for (he just bought an Olds Bravada "city crewzer/pavement pounder")

Ok man. do you have a phone number I can call you at when I roll in? So far it is Definately the 21st, but hopefully we will be going up the afternoon of the 21st after church and camping until the 22nd, wheeling both days. If the Guy with the other Ex (actually by then he'll be in a halfton Chevy) can't get monday off then we're going to church on friday night and leaving saturday am and camping saturday, comming back sunday. I wont know for a considerable amount of time, but that is the best I can do. My brother and brother in law (2 Jeeps) are taking monday off anyway. Glad to have you along! Oh yeah bring food!
The brevada prolly won't make it. There are some tough rocks and a few 2.5 foot or so creek crossings. I know your ranger will barely make it because a new Ex made it last year with 30" mudders, BARELY! It is a beautiful, fun trail! I got some pictures somewhere...

Kirby, glad you will be able to come up here! I wouldnt think dad woulf take his "baby" off paved roads, either. He would have to come along as my 2nd seat.

As far as getting together/calling me, thats cool, I just would rather give out my numbers privately not on the forum (last time I did that I had some troubles with crank calls :rolleyes: ). So email me (link below) and I will send you my contact info.

What trails had you hoped to run? Have you narrowed the list down yet? Remember I know I can't do Holy Cross in my truck yet, not till it's paid for at least. :D
But I would be up for Red Cone, and maybe Hacket Gultch. But I am by no means a rockcrawler. There are probably quite a few places down in your backyard that we could go this summer, too. I was down off Gold Camp Road late last year, but hit some serious snow drifts and turned back. There was some great potential trails tho.

Back