Derrick C.

Moderator Drinkin Corona
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Twin Falls, Idaho---------B.F.E.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 92 XL
Alright CO people. I'll be with Heath and Tara from July 20th to the 28th.

Any of you guys want to get together any time in there??? Heath has said we can get a few people together and run Holy Cross and a few other trails. Any of you want to get a BBQ going any time or something like that? Let me know!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its Chris's turn for a BBQ. holy cross is cool...

I will be in Wisconsin then visiting with the inlaws... :D Paid for by the inlaws... :D

Matt, would you be willing to run it with me???

Sorry I'm going to miss you Ryan. Would've been nice to meet you.

wanted to subscribe to the thread and would love a run and a BBQ!

Cool i have the 15th to the 24th off so I am up for anything.

Ohhh OOhhhh, I might be in Colorado at this time too, otherwise Ryan where in the heck in WI are you gonna be, perhaps we can hook up. I think the group I wheel with is gonna try to make it to Colorado around the twelth of July but nothing is ever in stone. My college roommate just moved to Vail in January and we will be putting a 4.5" kit under a 99 TJ hopefully when he is home next weekend and then I am going to plan a week or two to visit Colorado with him.
StuddedX are you trailering your big pig down there or driving. I might have to toss a set of 32-33's under mine for the road and drive it out there. Just hate to chew up them purdy MTR's that are soo spendy on the HWY. That would be sweeeeeet too hook up with the Explorer gang. I've already had plans for HolyCross.

Dannyboy I hope our mountains won't scare that pretty white Explorer of yours!!! :p

I would be up for a run with you studdedx and whoever else wants to go.

Matt I think we need to also do Red cone. That has to be the trail to take all our visitors on don't you think? Get them used to the altitude.

How about instead of a BBQ maybe all meet at a Sonic or another type of drive inn or something like that so Matt doesn't have to do another one. We would be welling to do a BBQ but it's a long ways for everyone to come up north to our hood.

Sweet, looks like some people are interested in this.

Yeah Perry you got a good idea there. We should all meet at a big drive-in like that and eat and visit with everyone.

Danny, yeah mine will hopefully be trailered if all goes well. If not I'll go buy some BFGs to run on the highway.

I would just like atleast 3 or 4 of us big dawgs to run Holly Cross and then all of us can cruise the country side. But more the marrier right. Well not too many but you get the point.

a guy I am going with ran holy cross on a cherokee with 5" of lift and 31" all terrains but I think the winch cable was being used an awful lot. I'm looking forward to this trail but I'm not ready to go on the roof without caring.

We took more video then still shots but here is a couple of Spring Creek. That is were Joe Dietz and I decided to stop. Matt winched himself over but since we didn't come with he turned around and came back. If I remember there was about 40 vehicles up there that day. VERY BUSY!!!

Attachments

• french creek.jpg
    french creek.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 225

This Toyota has a V-8 and is super charged. There were a few Jeeps that got strapped over this stop.

Attachments

• toyota.jpg
    toyota.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 250

yeah red cone would be a fun one, I love that trail, I think its my new favorite trail :). As for Holy Cross, I'm questionable to run it again... don't get me wrong it was fun though...

How long would it take to run the full trail??? I guess we could run it up to that point and do some other trails that all of us could run. I'm with Danny too. I don't wanna roll it but I'm not saying I won't either. I get stupid every now and then.:confused:

I'll be around, and I'll run some trails with you guys. Whatever I can run, I will run, so let me know. I'll meet for some food too...

Those pics show trucks getting ready to go over the obstacle after French Creek. Hit the biggest rocks head on with dual lockers and it should pop over with ease. Or winch. Living in Vail this trail is my backyard. I don't have the nerve to run my Navajo on HC with the TTB, too tippy and heavy. I've gone to the city four or so times with my '84 Toy, it is a beast though, 34" TSL's, Marlin 4.7:1 crawler, 4.88's with full lockers front and rear, custom tube bumpers w/ winch and roll cage. I made it to the wilderness boundry once, this part is above the city and EXTREME. To go above the city you WILL need a winch and nerves of steel, or a diaper! Obstacle #1 is an off-camber that will make you sick. Obstacle #2 above the city has two lines, a 50-60 degree slab or a four tier rock wall. All the obstacles above the city and French Creek have permanent winch points in the rocks to help. I would love to see an Ex above the city, so far the only vehicles I've seen make it have been customs, Toys, and Jeeps. I think the Explorer group went up last year, did anyone make it to the wilderness boundry? Beware, Avalanche Engineerings Bruiser rolled on the second obstacle last year, and I've seen that thing drive around the rock garden at Spring Creek like it was a paved road. Keep us posted, I would love to come over and watch the fun.

Originally posted by Perry
Dannyboy I hope our mountains won't scare that pretty white Explorer of yours!!! :p

I would be up for a run with you studdedx and whoever else wants to go.

Matt I think we need to also do Red cone. That has to be the trail to take all our visitors on don't you think? Get them used to the altitude.

How about instead of a BBQ maybe all meet at a Sonic or another type of drive inn or something like that so Matt doesn't have to do another one. We would be welling to do a BBQ but it's a long ways for everyone to come up north to our hood.

Hey I'm willing to drive north for some good cookin...

Originally posted by Dannyboy
Ohhh OOhhhh, I might be in Colorado at this time too, otherwise Ryan where in the heck in WI are you gonna be, perhaps we can hook up.

IF we go (lay off thing is really screwing up our AK & WI plans!) we would probably head straight up to the family cabin up north in Eagle River. Usually though we are around the Sussex area, with a trek to the Dells. Maybe next summer it'll happen...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am doing hacket the 21 and 22 of July if anyone is up for it. We'll have My Navajo, an Explorer and 2 Cherokees. Most likely we'll be camping on the 21 and wheeling both days. Might be there on the 20th also though. Happy Trails:D

Back